Sox @ Twins SLUMPBUSTER SPECIAL THREAD 9/18

Steve9347

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 02:15 AM)
Those two hits looked getable for Paulie

If PK leaves, I truly think we'll be shocked when we realize how little range he has at 1b, as well as the fact that nearly every 1B is good at picking the ball at first.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 07:18 PM)
Mauer's looked to be just out of his grasp without diving. I dont know, the range he showed there looked suspect.

Looked to me like the ball was hit to his left as he was moving to his right on the "release" of holding the runner. I guess it'd be hard to change direction 180 degrees, but, you're correct, we'll never know.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 01:22 AM)
Any early predictions on the insane circus ending in store for us Sox fans...? I'm gonna go with a blown call going the Twinkie way.

I'm thinking a fluke play like an interference call costing the Sox a big run, or an easy DP throw being butchered Lillibridge style to give the Twins the lead.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
Looked to me like the ball was hit to his left as he was moving to his right on the "release" of holding the runner. I guess it'd be hard to change direction 180 degrees, but, you're correct, we'll never know.

I meant the second one where it was to his right. Both were probably playable for someone like D Lee.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)
I'm thinking a fluke play like an interference call costing the Sox a big run, or an easy DP throw being butchered Lillibridge style to give the Twins the lead.

Whatever it is, there's some serious Dadgummit time in about an hour or so.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)

It's time to anoint some amazing farm-hand like Valencia as a Sox-killer, so you know he's gonna be involved.