B & B doing "the Hawk" on 670

SpringfieldFan

Hey, is anyone listening to the B & B show on the score? They are discussing Hawk Harrelson and one of them ( I am not sure which) is doing his hawkism impressions. It is absolutely hilarious! What makes it so funny is that the impressions are dead-on: he's gownnn...mercy!...YES!...stay fair... etc. etc. etc. In fact, he sounds more like Hawk than Hawk himself, right down to the tone in his voice.

I think these two are kind of corny usually, but they are growing on me - especially as they continue calling Sosa out for the samME his is.

Othersise, I dunno where I'm going with this thread but I just had to remark about my laugh for the afternoon. :lol:

I really love the "stretch". The only time I recall him doing that was on Valentin's HR from the right side Wednesday.

That's a new "Hawkism" this season. He did it sparingly early, but he has been doing it more often as the season goes on. I love it.

"That ball's scalded..... get up..... stretch..... stretch..... you caann put it on the BBBBBOOOOOAAAAARRRRRDDDDD..... YYYYYES!"

Reading the KC fan boards this past series, they absolutely HATE "Hawkisms!"

:finger KC fans :lol:

That's a new "Hawkism" this season. He did it sparingly early, but he has been doing it more often as the season goes on. I love it.

"That ball's scalded..... get up..... stretch..... stretch..... you caann put it on the BBBBBOOOOOAAAAARRRRRDDDDD..... YYYYYES!"

:finger KC fans  :lol:

Being that I have to "watch" the games on mlb.com I get Hawk for about 1/2 the games. Nothing worse tha listening to a Sox loss with out of town announcers.

I heard Hawk say he picked up the YES! from his daughter. Love that stuff. He may be a hall of fame announcer before his career is finished. He's about 1000% better at that than as a GM.

:finger KC fans  :lol:

Being that I have to "watch" the games on mlb.com I get Hawk for about 1/2 the games. Nothing worse tha listening to a Sox loss with out of town announcers.

I heard Hawk say he picked up the YES! from his daughter. Love that stuff. He may be a hall of fame announcer before his career is finished. He's about 1000% better at that than as a GM.

I'm just curious what you mean by "watch"?

they have been doing this all morning....they haven't stopped....it's pretty ridiculous

bernstein just keep saying "stretch" "yes"  "bomb" "yes" ...."yes" at random times

KochThis, you're sig is badass! Spiff did a damn good job on that! :headbang