Sonik

Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
Lake Zurich 21, St. Rita 0

Bears back to Champaign vs. Wheaton Warrenville South.

Go Bears

I see you made sure to make this thread the week after Stevenson was eliminated. :(

Still got that W over Lake Zurich earlier in the season, so take that Sonik. :P

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
I see you made sure to make this thread the week after Stevenson was eliminated. :(

Because of a missed extra point. Cheap!

You guys both beat Warren though. :(

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)

I covered a couple Stevenson games this year and they really didn't impress me. I'm surprised they got as far as they did. Earl really isn't a good QB.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
I covered a couple Stevenson games this year and they really didn't impress me. I'm surprised they got as far as they did. Earl really isn't a good QB.

Ya, I went to three I believe and honestly, I agree with what you said. Earl has a really good arm, no accuracy whatsoever though. I never left any of the games thinking that they were one of the best teams in the state but they just kept on winning up until Maine South last weekend.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
Ya, I went to three I believe and honestly, I agree with what you said. Earl has a really good arm, no accuracy whatsoever though. I never left any of the games thinking that they were one of the best teams in the state but they just kept on winning up until Maine South last weekend.

Yeah he got talked up a lot in the papers, but I think it was just because he's 6'6". Salata is a star though. Nice kid too.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 02:02 AM)
Yeah he got talked up a lot in the papers, but I think it was just because he's 6'6". Salata is a star though. Nice kid too.

Ya, Earl was supposedly getting a bunch of interest from some different MAC schools. We saw Toledo scouts there at one point and unfortunately for him that was the game he looked his absolute worst.

And ya, Salata is quite the little player.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 08:40 AM)
How far along is the season up there? Do you guys play a 10 game regular season?

Just curious because down here in Florida we just completed the first of 5 rounds of the state playoffs. It seems like you guys are further along.

Ya, it's a 10 game season up here as well. The championships in each class are already set though and will take place this weekend.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
Dan, who do you write for? I freelance for the Herald up in Lake County during football.

The answer changes depending on the sport, but for football I've been freelancing for the Patch.com sites in the area. They just started in the Chicago area this fall and are still starting new ones. I have to take pictures at the same time, which is a pain, but they pay a little better.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Lake Zurich 21, St. Rita 0

Bears back to Champaign vs. Wheaton Warrenville South.

Go Bears

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Been really busy at home during break. I was at the game against St. Rita and it felt great to repay them for what they did to us in the finals my junior year. LZ just keeps reloading every year and I really don't know how we've done it. When we won state my senior year I felt that was gonna be the last good year of football for a while for LZ. I was very wrong. This team is a perennial powerhouse and Stortz has a system that works very well.

Here's to LZ beating WWS again for the state championship! And Rowand, LZ should still be undefeated, that game was bs. :bringit

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Been really busy at home during break. I was at the game against St. Rita and it felt great to repay them for what they did to us in the finals my junior year. LZ just keeps reloading every year and I really don't know how we've done it. When we won state my senior year I felt that was gonna be the last good year of football for a while for LZ. I was very wrong. This team is a perennial powerhouse and Stortz has a system that works very well.

Here's to LZ beating WWS again for the state championship! And Rowand, LZ should still be undefeated, that game was bs. :bringit

Ha, that was the first high school football game I went to in about 4 years and it was certainly quite the game to be at. Ridiculously fun.