Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot in head

Balta1701

U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among at least 12 people shot today at a Tuscon, Arizona, grocery store, a Democratic source told CNN's Dana Bash. The source called her injuries "pretty serious."

The only link I have to the type of injury is currently not loading so I'm not including a link.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, the only ex-tire dealer in Congress found passage of the health¬care bill a shattering experience, both literally and figuratively. The Tucson office of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., was vandalized the morning of March 22, just hours after Rep. Giffords cast her vote in favor of the healthcare bill. The glass in the office’s front door was shattered, as was an adjacent glass panel.

http://www.tirebusiness.com/subscriber/hea...p;id=1293547390

http://www.fox11az.com/news/local/Vandalis...e-88838197.html

Apparently, she has been targeted before.

It's hard to interpret but it sounds like they may have been holding a town hall meeting at the store, I can't tell for sure yet.

According to KOLD, a Tucson CBS affiliate, the shooting occurred just after 10:00 AM local time at a Safeway grocery store. Giffords was talking to a couple when the suspect ran up firing indiscriminately and then ran off, Michaels said. According to other witnesses, he was tackled by a bystander and taken into custody. Rep. Giffords was shot point blank in the head.

Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot along with three of her aides by a gunman Saturday morning outside a grocery store in Tucson while holding a public event, Fox News has confirmed.

Twelve others were shot as well at Giffords' "Your Corner" event held at Safeway. The gunman is in custody.

Giffords was taken to a hospital but the condition of those shot was not immediately known, a senior congressional aide told Fox News.

The three staffers who were shot worked out of Giffords' Arizona office.

Giffords has held multiple "Your Corner" events over the past four years, the aide told Fox News, adding that she had held three previous events that this venue before.

Giffords was re-elected to her third term as representative of Arizona's 8th Congressional District. She is married to astronaut Mark Kelly.

Fox gives a little mroe details.

If this was a public event, it sounds like this was an assassination attempt.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
Did they catch the terrorist who did this? Or if white, the bad guy?

Yes. All sources say he was taken into custody on site. He is reportedly a 21 year old male. Some reports say he was tackled on site by a bystander after the shooting stopped.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)

I don't want to take the step he takes and assign blame, I really don't. That image just now moves from frustrating to eerie and creepy and fairly disturbing, even if politics winds up having nothing to do with it.

I'd say more at this point that this is why you don't put together those sort of images, because if something actually happens...it looks just F***ing awful for the person who put the image out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
I don't want to take the step he takes and assign blame, I really don't. That image just now moves from frustrating to eerie and creepy and fairly disturbing, even if politics winds up having nothing to do with it.

He didn't assign blame in the piece I linked. At least it didn't come off that way to me.

EDIT: I think the jist of what he wrote is the last sentence you added.

Edited by BigSqwert