Worrying

Guest wsc425

Guest wsc425

Okay here's my concerns.

Alomar, Everett, Thomas, Valentin, Alomar Jr., Schoenweis, Colon, Loaiza Gordon are all free agents.

Last time I checked thats about 46 million could be invested. Now this leaves wholes if some leave:

1b-Konerko

2b-???-Harris hasn't been anything yet, no DJ anymore, but Miles looks decent

ss-???-Who will you put here if they decide to let Valentin leave? Graffy? Miles at ss and Harris at 2b?

C-who can they sign?

CF-???-Rowand? Borchard? Not Borchard, he's a corner OFer.

DH-???-Who then?

SP-Colon?

Some how I think the Sox bring back the following

Thomas, Valentin, Schoenweis, Colon, Loaiza. Gordon may leave.

Another concern is that the Sox have dealt a lot of young talent. I refer to Royce Ring in general but still, its getting harder.

Opinions appreciated.

GO SOX

If we miss the playoffs and manage to bring back those guys you just mentioned, I would consider it a minor miracle. Especially Colon.

The Sox management needs to be thinking about next season. You have to be concerned not only about tomorrows game, but the long term as well. I would like us to consider signing all the players we just traded for and our potential FA's. I hate the idea of building up a team for this year only. They leave and we have lost those players plus the prospects we traded for them.

Okay here's my concerns.

Alomar, Everett, Thomas, Valentin, Alomar Jr., Schoenweis, Colon, Loaiza Gordon are all free agents.

Last time I checked thats about 46 million could be invested. Now this leaves wholes if some leave:

1b-Konerko

2b-???-Harris hasn't been anything yet, no DJ anymore, but Miles looks decent

ss-???-Who will you put here if they decide to let Valentin leave? Graffy? Miles at ss and Harris at 2b?

C-who can they sign?

CF-???-Rowand? Borchard? Not Borchard, he's a corner OFer.

DH-???-Who then?

SP-Colon?

Another concern is that the Sox have dealt a lot of young talent. I refer to Royce Ring in general but still, its getting harder.

Opinions appreciated.

GO SOX

Whats up pops? Wheres junior today?

Okay here's my concerns.

Schoeneweis, Loaiza, Thomas and Lee are not free agents.

Alomar, Everett, Alomar Jr., are definitely FA's. Not sure what the options are on Valentin and Gordon.

Schoeneweis should be arbitration eligible also.  Thomas is not a free agent, but could become one or could completely nullify the rest of his contract.  The Sox have an option on Loaiza that they would be stupid not to exercise.

Theres no point keeping Loaiza. Hes having a good year but he wont keep it up next year. Promise...

Theres no point keeping Loaiza. Hes having a good year but he wont keep it up next year. Promise...

Well when a guy has been the best pitcher in the american league you just don't get rid of him, the sox better pick up his option next year.

roman I hate to be this way, but you are an idiot....

Who else do you think the Sox can get that can be a solid starter for less money? Keeping Loaiza is a no-brainer. Wake up!

Dude, holy s***, seriously, pull your panties out of a wad.

Loaiza probably won't have as good a year next year. But then again, maybe he will. What if he truly has figured it out(which I'd have to believe he has if he still has an ERA of under 2.50 and it's August), and he will be dominant like this for the next 5 years?

Bringing Loaiza back next year is a no-brainer, especially with the amount of money he will make.

Did you suffer a nasty fall or something over the weekend? Your thoughts are as stupid as I have read from someone that claims to be a fan. I hope someone stole or id and password and you do not follow the team and think this way, why waste your time?

I think most of us agree Loaiza will not pitch at this super elite level next year. That being said, if he pitches anywhere close to that (read, if he's an above average to good starter), he is definitely worth keeping. I think it's a no brainer. Going into next year i won't be expecting another Cy Youngesque performance, but this much we know from watching him: He's learned how to pitch, he has command of his stuff, good movement...these things won't just disappear over the winter IMO. Yes, he probly won't be as good next year (but who knows), but he'd have to do a 180 and then some in order for him not to validate the sox picking him up.

Oh and another thing. What in the hell do i do with this guy in an AL only league that allows 7 keepers? I have Buehrle and Mulder, ARod, Beltran, Koskie, Boone, Gibbons, Ibanez, Loaiza....and i can call up Harden next year to solidify the rotation...pretty tough call

Don't mean to turn this into a fantasy baseball topic at all, but this is one of the harder players to predict for next year.

Seriously, let managemnt worry about next season. What the hell are all you thinking about it for. I am tired of all this what are we going to do next year bull s***. Talk about the upcoming games and how the Sox can win and stop b****ing and moaning about everything. I swear lately when I am in here I feel like I am back in high school or in a Cubs talk board. Talk good sound baseball and stop b****ing for thr sake of b****ing.

Oh and another thing. What in the hell do i do with this guy in an AL only league that allows 7 keepers? I have Buehrle and Mulder, ARod, Beltran, Koskie, Boone, Gibbons, Ibanez, Loaiza....and i can call up Harden next year to solidify the rotation...pretty tough call

Don't mean to turn this into a fantasy baseball topic at all, but this is one of the harder players to predict for next year.

Rich Harden is the s***. :canada