Dangerous Ballparks - right Phil!

balfanman

Mr. Rogers has an article in the Tribune, along with other baseball writers from around the country about dangerous ballparks where he makes this statement.

"more bad things seem to happen near U.S. Cellular Field than Wrigley Field in Chicago."

You would think that he is either choosing to ignore the crime rate around "Lakeview" (a nice way of saying lying), or he is too lazy to research the actual stats. Let alone not mentioning the falling concrete.

Mike DiGiovanna, Los Angeles Times, then adds this gem.

"U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago, home of the White Sox, seems to attract its share of far-too-raucous fans. Who can forget the father-son team that ran onto the field and attacked then-Kansas City Royals first-base coach Tom Gamboa in 2002, and the fan who came onto the field and assaulted umpire Laz Diaz in 2003?"

Failing to point out that one of these was actually committed by a Cubs fan.

I usually make a point to ignore any article penned by Mr. Rogers, but I had already clicked on it before I realized who the writer was. He once again proves to me that he is a sorry excuse for a sports writer.

It's total bulls*** and generally unethical to paint an entire fan base as crazy and dangerous when the events they cited occurred AT LEAST 8 years prior to the writing of the article. For Christ's sakes, the term "contraction" was still being thrown around during that time frame. The Red Sox STILL hadn't won a World Series.

It's totally illogical and just terrible reporting all together. I can't believe Rogers' is still employed by the Tribune with the garbage that he produces.

Wasn't there a person shot just a couple of years ago right near Wrigley Field?

What about the Dodgers catcher that had his hat stolen?

What about the fan that charged Bob Howry at Wrigley in 2007?

Or the fan that attacked Randy Myers in 1995?

Amazing how all these incidents are forgotten.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)

Amazing, yet expected.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)

Or the fact that every drunken yahoo is pissing on residential lawns after games. Residents around there don't want night games for many reasons, and the drunken nonsense is one of them.

Yeah...aren't Cub fans great. I have to share this picture with you guys (it's on my Facebook too)...but this picture was taken a couple fridays ago when the Cubs played at Peoria Sports Complex towards the end spring training. My office pretty much butts up against the stadium and this is our parking lot. What a dip s***...

19820918943868400001251.jpg