Trip to Sox games in Seattle

elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
I plan on being in Seattle to see the Sox beat up on the Mariners May 6-8. Anyone else going to be at SAFECO? I was there last in 2005 and saw the Sox go 2-1 versus the Mariners

My good Sir - I am pleased to inform you that you're not alone in your Seattle / Soxtalk representation as I too will be in attendance for this series. :D

I recommend you check out the ace hotel and if you want a nice meal - look into Sunday brunch at ivars and a seafood dinner at cutters. Lets plan on sitting together for the games.

Cheers!

When I was there in 2005 one of the urchin SAFECO ushers, who appeared to be as old as Babe Ruth, threatened to put me on a freight train rumbling by the park after seeing my Sox hat I was so proudly wearing. And then another old fellow told me how his folks lived next to Nellie Fox back in Chitown.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 06:50 AM)
I'll be there as well....heading over from Kennewick for the series. Any suggestions on where to stay? Anyone want to meet for beers before the Saturday game? I'm packing my broom and hope to have use for it on Sunday!

I think you can get some pretty reasonable rates for hotels near Sea-Tac. However, there is a place called the Silver Cloud Hotel right across the street from SAFECO. Pretty new, but might run at least $150 a night is my guess.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 05:26 AM)
I shall be at all three as well. I'm an Olympia resident, work 7 miles from Safeco Field. Pretty excited about it. : )

I have relatives liivng in the Salem area and Portland. Ex-Sox player Pete Ward used to be in Portland did you know that?

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
I'm jealous. Seattle is one of my favorite cities. I 2nd the suggestion for staying at the Ace Hotel. Also, my favorite restaurant there is Sutra. Very unique dining experience that is well worth it.

I will check that out

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 07:22 AM)
I have relatives liivng in the Salem area and Portland. Ex-Sox player Pete Ward used to be in Portland did you know that?

I did not know that. One thing that I do recall was wearing a White Sox sweater at an OSU football game some years ago, and a guy noticed it and said his friend Larry Casian, ex Sox pitcher, lived around there. Seattle is good times though, and I thoroughly expect to enjoy a White Sox sweep (Adam Kennedy hit cleanup for them yesterday!). Prior to last year the Sox were 0-10 when I saw them live at Safeco. : (

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
I'll be there with my kids. :gosox3: I was at the Mariners opener which they lost 12-3 to the Indians. That was a stinker. I'll be there for all the Sox games in May and August. :gosox1:

I might try and make it over there in August to. Glad you have the chance to see them.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
If Peavy does make a comeback on the 8th of May as has been suggested by the Sox I will be warching in Seattle. I would love to see Jake dealing to the Mariners

How cool would that be Rock :)

Have you got tickets to the games yet? I'd like to take in some ball with you.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
How cool would that be Rock :)

Have you got tickets to the games yet? I'd like to take in some ball with you.

At present time I will be in the upper tier/second deck at 234 section I think it is-on Friday and behind home plate about 16 rows up on Sunday. Let me check my tickets this weekend for sure. I am not certain I will be at Saturddays game becasue of a wedding commitment I was forced to agree to, but I still might gain my freedom and go on Saturday. Seeing Peqvy on Sunday would be simply awesome. Let's hope he makes it back that day

Unfortunately, I will not be able to go. But you will have a great time there. Saw the Sox play the M's in '07 and really enjoyed my experience. I think that we stayed at a cheap La Quinta or something up by the Space Needle and I was pleasantly surprised that the cruddy hotel offered free shuttle service to and from the game.

Also, do make some time to check out the city. It'll still be a little cool in May, but a trip to Pike Place Market and dinner at Ivar's in highly recommended.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Unfortunately, I will not be able to go. But you will have a great time there. Saw the Sox play the M's in '07 and really enjoyed my experience. I think that we stayed at a cheap La Quinta or something up by the Space Needle and I was pleasantly surprised that the cruddy hotel offered free shuttle service to and from the game.

Also, do make some time to check out the city. It'll still be a little cool in May, but a trip to Pike Place Market and dinner at Ivar's in highly recommended.

Thanks for the info. I was there in 2005 and there were three guys outside SAFECO dressed up in black curly wigs, shades and SOx tatoos, etc. I got my picture with them. Cool dudes they were

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Andrew @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
Completely useless addition to this thread but: I LOVE Safeco.

Only San Fran was better of all the parks I've been to (and that includes PNC - nice; overrated).

I bet PNC would be wonderful if there was a team worth seeing.