5/29 Games

danman31

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 29, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
Charlotte starts at 5:30

Barons lost 14-5

Ugly game. Barons walked 13.

Kuhn and Phegley with hat tricks.

Marrero 2-3, 2 BB

Dash off

Hagerstown @ Intimidators

Dexter Carter starting, but he's walking a lot right now.

I hate Josh Phegley. What an awful pick that early. And everybody knew it. I saw him 5-6 on the big ten network and was not impressed. You had guys like Tyler Skaggs, who's making a mockery of the California league and Tanner Scheppers, who everybody knows has + stuff on the board. But hey, they would cost too much. Had to save some money for Teahen.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 29, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
Blame Joe Borchard.

After the Chairman threw all that money away on that draft pick, he ain't wasting much more in the draft.

Fields, too.

and Royce Ring.

and Kris Honel.

and Jason Stumm.

But mostly Borchard, the only guy who could go whiff for whiff with Adam Dunn.

That was ten years ago. Get over it (not you). But I think there might be something to that theory. Which is sad.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 30, 2011 -> 12:20 AM)
One bad game for Kuhn should propel ye olde table setter KW Jr. back into the leadoff spot.

I think you hate KW Jr. like I hate Juan Pierre. Oh, and to rub more salt on our farm system wounds. David Holmberg is having a solid season at High A: 4-3, 3.67 ERA, 54 IP, 13 BB, 55 Ks, 1.25 GB/FB ratio.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2011 -> 11:58 PM)
I think you hate KW Jr. like I hate Juan Pierre. Oh, and to rub more salt on our farm system wounds. David Holmberg is having a solid season at High A: 4-3, 3.67 ERA, 54 IP, 13 BB, 55 Ks, 1.25 GB/FB ratio.

I don't think he's ever going to be a good major leaguer but I do believe he could have been a guy that was used to net more than Edwin Jackson.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 30, 2011 -> 01:59 AM)
I don't think he's ever going to be a good major leaguer but I do believe he could have been a guy that was used to net more than Edwin Jackson.

You're probably right. But we traded Holmberg AND Hudson for Jackson. And if you believe the rumblings, we didn't even really want Jackson. We got stuck with him because the Nationals told us to f*** off.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 30, 2011 -> 01:06 AM)
You're probably right. But we traded Holmberg AND Hudson for Jackson. And if you believe the rumblings, we didn't even really want Jackson. We got stuck with him because the Nationals told us to f*** off.

Oh you don't have to tell me. I like most hated that trade from day 1.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 30, 2011 -> 03:29 AM)
If we start trading off pieces I really hope Viciedo, Flowers, and Danks are all up and playing a LOT

And judging by every other Sox prospect, I am sure Danks will K at an Adam Dunn-rate and Flowers will suck as well. I am confident in Dayan to be a stud since he sported a sexy .840 OPS last year.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 30, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
And judging by every other Sox prospect, I am sure Danks will K at an Adam Dunn-rate and Flowers will suck as well. I am confident in Dayan to be a stud since he sported a sexy .840 OPS last year.

Flowers has a nice line going right now in AAA, Ide rather he be up here than AJ's sorry ass.. Danks, who knows.. and Dayan is ready to be here too..

plus, cheap

QUOTE (T R U @ May 30, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
Flowers has a nice line going right now in AAA, Ide rather he be up here than AJ's sorry ass.. Danks, who knows.. and Dayan is ready to be here too..

plus, cheap

Oh I agree with Flowers, it's actually pretty hard to be as bad as AJ. He pretty much the worst starting catcher in the Majors.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 30, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
Oh I agree with Flowers, it's actually pretty hard to be as bad as AJ. He pretty much the worst starting catcher in the Majors.

No, no, not at all. He's not good, and he's the worst qualified starter among catchers, but there are like 9 guys who qualify as catchers. Most catching situations are platoons at this point. There are a lot of really really bad catchers in the league.