Sox vs BoSox Game Thread 6-1-11

Soxfest

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's okay to take a chance on contracts if you can come up with league minimum guys that can perform - Humber, Lillibridge, Santos come to mind quickly. Jury is out on Beckham, Morel, Viciedo (not league minimum, but you get the idea). Even a really cheap Omar has helped out. Some of these under the radar moves may make up for the flops.

If I had to choose one guy that would turn it around though, I think Dunn is most likely to do so.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
It's okay to take a chance on contracts if you can come up with league minimum guys that can perform - Humber, Lillibridge, Santos come to mind quickly. Jury is out on Beckham, Morel, Viciedo (not league minimum, but you get the idea). Even a really cheap Omar has helped out. Some of these under the radar moves may make up for the flops.

If I had to choose one guy that would turn it around though, I think Dunn is most likely to do so.

I think we all are pulling for Dunn. Not only for the team obviously but for himself. I don't buy into the talk or complaints on lack of effort.

This team could be a hell of a lot better if Viciedo started in LF and Lillibridge in CF. At some point, you just have to play the better players regardless of age/cost. Heck, I would even put Teahen (when he comes back) at DH to see if he gets hot.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
He and Lance Berkman, among other "reborn" aging sluggers, make me definitely think there's something going around the league.

Berkman just had a bad 2010. In 2009, he was solid. Ortiz always screamed out user though.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
Any chance Rios and Pierre just decide to retire mid-season?

Rios should be put on the DL due to his toe. As for Pierre, he'll continue to suck the life out of this offense for another 100 games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
Rios should be put on the DL due to his toe. As for Pierre, he'll continue to suck the life out of this offense for another 100 games.

Pierre could also go to the DL for weakness in his arm kinda like Mauer's weakness in his legs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
As for Pierre, he'll continue to suck the life out of this offense for another 100 games.

Thank goodness he will have the most ABs on the team. I've never seen a player so deserving of it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
Thank goodness he will have the most ABs on the team. I've never seen a player so deserving of it.

The Way the Stealth Elf is playing, he should be the leadoff hitter. He has the speed that Ozzie covets and is just ranking. Pierre should bat 10th.