Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one in the middle.   ;)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Which one are you? :lol:

:rolleyes:

Somehow i get the feeling, i will get the blame for this one , too. :nono

You're a bad influence. :D

I dont like hypocrites. I have nothing against people who are gay. :nono ;)

The one in the middle.   ;)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Which one are you? :lol:

:rolleyes:

Somehow i get the feeling, i will get the blame for this one , too. :nono

You're a bad influence. :D

I dont like hypocrites. I have nothing against people who are gay. :nono ;)

Hypocrites, and people who treat serial killer's houses like they are classrooms. :headbang

IF we get to the playoffs,

Colon

Loaiza

Buerhle

Thats just about as good as the A's big three if not better. :headbang

Colon

Buehrle

Loaiza

but, either way, its a strong 3

That'd be my 1-2-3 too.

Game 3 in a 5-game set is the most important game. In game 3, you can clinch a series, you can become 1-win a way from clinching, you can get back into the series by winning that game, or you can lose that game and be done. No other game in a 5-game set means more, except possibly game 5, and I don't consider that the most important game because that game is not going to necessarily be played.

If a game 5 is involved, then that is the most important game in a 5-game set, for obvious reasons.

What I like about our 1-2-3 is the fact that all of them are big games pitchers. How many big games(big games meaning almost must wins) have these guys won this year? How many times have they turned the ship around? I really like our chances if we get to the playoffs, because of these 3.

I say game 1 is the most important game. If you are down 2-0, well game 3 is important for you now, but then 4 is, and then 5. Same if you are up 2-0.

Get the lead, make the team take 3 of 4.

The most important game is ... the last one. Whether it's 3, 4 or 5.

IF we get to the playoffs,

Colon

Loaiza

Buerhle

Thats just about as good as the A's big three if not better. :headbang

It's definitely not better than the a's big 3 (4 really)

This year they're just as good, if not better.

In the regular season, its close. However, i prefer to choose history when evaluating players, and the oakland trio is much better. Not to mention, they have much more playoff experience. Really, its a no brainer.

100% accurate!

Sounds a lot like what was probably being said before our series with the M's in 2000.  Our pitching was supposed to be our weak point, but our offense was going to make up for it.  And we all know how that turned out. :angry:

And that came back to me the other day when Frank, talking about his 0 for whatever streak, said that it was a big series and he tried to do too much. That is exactly what happened against Seattle in '00 and if he doesn't learn from this and stay within himself, it will happen again.

And that came back to me the other day when Frank, talking about his 0 for whatever streak, said that it was a big series and he tried to do too much.  That is exactly what happened against Seattle in '00 and if he doesn't learn from this and stay within himself, it will happen again.

:o I already posted that somewhere :nono

:lol:

:o I already posted that somewhere    :nono 

I don't read the whole damn board before post anything. If I "stepped on your toes", I'm sorry.

LOL its okay. And i quote frank........."i was pressing" ........what a loser. :rolleyes:

:o   I already posted that somewhere    :nono 

I don't read the whole damn board before post anything. If I "stepped on your toes", I'm sorry.

LOL its okay. And i quote frank........."i was pressing" ........what a loser. :rolleyes:

Careful ... Roman will be up in arms over that remark. LOL

Since u didnt read what i wrote a few days ago andi cant remember the words...i will summarize. If frank is "pressing" in a series against the royals in July, NO WONDER HE ALWAYS CHOKES IN THE PLAYOFFS. :rolleyes:

Since u didnt read what i wrote a few days ago andi cant remember the words...i will summarize. If frank is "pressing" in a series against the royals in July, NO WONDER HE ALWAYS CHOKES IN THE PLAYOFFS. :rolleyes:

That about sums it up.

Pitching wise our best hope is 9-9-9 as in innings pitched by our starters. Unless something changes between now and the end of the season (plus we land in 1st place) our bullpen will really be exposed.

That about sums it up.

Or with RISP... :rolleyes:

Dont make a fool of yourself. Evidence includes, but is not limited to, experience in the playoffs, stats in teh regular season and playoffs, talent, and overwhelming popular opinion.  You are just wrong.

Actually, you're both right.

The Big 3 for Oakland are VERY good pitchers, AND they haven't won big in the playoffs yet.

..........IT'S A TIE!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Better than Oakland?!??!?!  :lol:

We could be Oakland Jr.

Colon

Buehrle

Loaiza

Garland

Cotts

Ah...I'd love to be Oakland Jr. and btw our offense is 99.9% better.

Um, nobody argued that 1-5 our rotation is better than Oakland's. All I was saying is that our top 3 of BC, MB, and EL will most definitely keep us in the game against Oakland's top 3, and that this season, they're pretty close in terms of quality. In the playoffs, a team doesn't need 4 or 5 starters -- 3 is all that is needed.

And BTW, the Sox have more quality starts than the A's do (as of a week ago), so the gap must not be as big as some of you think it is.