2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
I do watch games, but you can look at stats, too. You simple can't be bad defensively and put up a +28.

He is much better defensively than his reputation said when the Hawks signed him. Is he a top-10 defensive defensemen in the NHL? No. But he didn't hurt us this year in the least.

Plus/minus is the most overrated stat in hockey anyway.

In his own end, playing defense, he is indeed bad. His coverage is awful, and he's soft as hell behind the line and in front of the net.

His puck moving once he has it is good, as is his play in the neutral and offensive zones, but actual defense in his zone, not good.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
So does that mean the trade isn't happening or not? I'm confused.

There's mixed reports. Some say he was asked last night to waive his NTC and he said no. Others say he never declined anything. Others are saying that there a numerous teams in play, including the Canucks.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
There's mixed reports. Some say he was asked last night to waive his NTC and he said no. Others say he never declined anything. Others are saying that there a numerous teams in play, including the Canucks.

So this could really be happening? Holy crap :pray

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
Wow. That's higher than I would have thought.

Considering they were basically asking for a 2nd, that's petty damn good value. They must have some big plans.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail...437&tab=scr

NHL Central Scouting’s Blair MacDonald

“One thing I like about him is that he's a right-handed center, which is good to have. He's really composed and has a real pro-style game. He has a nice touch, can dish, and has nice, soft passes. His on-ice awareness is very good and he's paid attention to detail at both ends of the rink. He has good defensive-zone coverage as well as being offensive at the other end. All around I think he's got a real solid game I think his offensive game will improve the older he gets and the more confident he gets. I think he'll be a better offensive player than he's showing right now. He's good at both ends of the rink. He comes down low and helps out defensively.”

Port McNeil GM Bruno Campese

“He's one of those kids that has the ability to do so many different things, he's got so much upside to him. ... He's a powerful skater and has great hockey sense. He's got very good basic skills and he's got the ability to be a real tough person to play against. He's got the mental capabilities to understand the game as well . . . I really believe he has all the attributes. He's got certain gifts that other players just don't have. That really bodes well for playing in the NHL.”

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

CHI's Brian Campbell has agreed to waive his no trade to go to the Florida Panthers. Details to follow.

2 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!! So much cap room freed up