has alomar made us better???

mike12345

has anyone else noticed that d'lo and robbie alomar have almost similar stats this season...do u think we should have kept jimeniz for next year when alomar leaves???

No. Jimenez had no range and Alomar has already made plays that DLo's lazy ass never would have made.

I'll take Alomar every day for the rest of this season.  Think Met fans are a little pissed he didn't play this hard for them?

Who gives a rat's ass about what any New York fan thinks about anything.

I hate the sports teams in that town. Every freaking one of them. ....... and their fans too!

And don't forget about baserunning. Like when Robbie went from first to third on a dribbler down the first base line, then drew a wild throw from Harvey and scored. Nice job -- scoring from first on a ball that didn't leave the infield.

I wanted to keep Jimenez and send out Harris, mostly because Jimenez would have given us a lot more versatility as a pinch hitter and occasional right handed substitute for Alomar at second. (Tony G can't cover both SS and 2B against lefties.) But he probably had to go for the same reason Rick White had to go. He'd lost his position in the clubhouse by slacking too many times. I think Jimenez will remain an above average hitter with a good on base average, but his play in the field will drive Cincy fans nuts.