Cotts started tonight

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
Wells was far more talented than Buehrle... He just got ruined by his own skill and lack of coaching by Nardi Contreras.

LMMFAO.....ok and just exactly where is kips talent level now ......no nardi around him for a few years and he still sucks.........ask pittsburgh how much so......... :lol:

how so.. you brought up the comparison... is cotts a kip wells or a mark buehrle..... :huh:

The comparison was based on their readiness for immediate success in the Majors. They both did well right off the bat, and I think Cotts is as ready as they were.

I also mentioned that even with a promotion now, Cotts may still need to start next year in AAA, so I am not leaving out long term implications either.

I thought I had explained it quite well, not only in my post but when we talked earlier today. The comparison IS legit in every way. I have never once said Cotts is ready to become a Sox top starter right now, nor did I say he would begin next season in the rotation. I simply said that he is as ready as Wells and Buehrle were when they made their debuts, which were quite successful.

Thank you

Guest hotsoxchick1

easy tiger.. i just dont want to be set up for a kip wells when we could have a mark buehrle instead..... you know where im comin from as to our eariler conversation...........kip wells and anyone whos gonna amount to anything do not need to be mentioned in the same sentance.. its bad karma............ ;)

easy tiger.. i just dont want to be set up for a kip wells when we could have a mark buehrle instead..... you know where im comin from as to our eariler conversation...........kip wells and anyone whos gonna amount to anything do not need to be mentioned in the same sentance.. its bad karma............ ;)

W-L S ERA GS CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB SO HB WP BK

--- - --- -- -- --- -- - - -- -- -- -- -- -- --

TOTAL 4-4 0 3.53 18 0 0 112.1 98 48 44 14 45 84 5 4 0

W-L    S     ERA  GS  CG  SHO      IP   H   R   ER   HR  BB  SO  HB  WP  BK

--- - --- -- -- --- -- - - -- -- -- -- -- -- --

TOTAL 9-11 0 4.42 25 1 0 161.0 178 96 79 16 47 84 3 1 0

LMMFAO.....ok and just exactly where is kips talent level now ......no nardi around him for a few years and he still sucks.........ask pittsburgh how much so......... :lol:

Kip still has better/as good of stuff as Mark does. He just has no idea how to pitch. That, and PNC Park is a hitter's park, yet Wells has posted an ERA of 3.58 and 3.63 in his two years in Pittsburgh. Not too damn bad. Nardi got to him, messed with his mind and mechanics, Kip lost a lot of faith in himself and is slowly picking it up.

But I'm sure all the Kip bashers just look at his record (or something equally stupid) and dismiss him. I sure wish he was still here. Cooper may have been able to straighten him back out.

But yeah, Kip Wells is very talented. Probably the most talented pitcher the Sox have had in nearly a decade.

I would guess that "sarcastic question" was brought on by the fact that the front office seems to talk up every pitching prospect in the system.  Key word being "seems".

No, Bmr just chooses to interpret my posts as he wishes and selectively.

Dont we all? :huh:

I can't speak for "we all". But I am interested in you backing up y our thoughts.......

Who have I overhyped? Who have I been wrong about? What specifically have I said that has been inaccurate? I'm curious as to the number of prospects that you have even seen me talk about in terms of Major League potential?

How about backing up your opinions?

I can't speak for "we all".  But I am interested in you backing up y our thoughts.......

Who have I overhyped?  Who have I been wrong about?  What specifically have I said that has been inaccurate?  I'm curious as to the number of prospects that you have even seen me talk about in terms of Major League potential? 

Id love to, but i dont have all your posts commited to memory. If i did, i would lay it all out for ya........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Kip still has better/as good of stuff as Mark does.  He just has no idea how to pitch.  That, and PNC Park is a hitter's park, yet Wells has posted an ERA of 3.58 and 3.63 in his two years in Pittsburgh.  Not too damn bad.  Nardi got to him, messed with his mind and mechanics, Kip lost a lot of faith in himself and is slowly picking it up.

But I'm sure all the Kip bashers just look at his record (or something equally stupid) and dismiss him.  I sure wish he was still here.  Cooper may have been able to straighten him back out.

But yeah, Kip Wells is very talented.  Probably the most talented pitcher the Sox have had in nearly a decade.

kips stats speak for themselves.. as far as using that as a judgement tool you know me better than that.. i dont like stats they are overated.....its that look he gets and you know hes totaly useless when he gets rocked.. which happens too often i base my judgement on his sucking level.......... ;)

I can't speak for "we all".  But I am interested in you backing up y our thoughts.......

Who have I overhyped?  Who have I been wrong about?  What specifically have I said that has been inaccurate?  I'm curious as to the number of prospects that you have even seen me talk about in terms of Major League potential? 

Id love to, but i dont have all your posts commited to memory. If i did, i would lay it all out for ya........

Then give me a general overview? Who have I overhyped?

If you are going to make an insinuation, you have to have something in mind.

Then give me a general overview? Who have I overhyped?

If you are going to make an insinuation, you have to have something in mind.

Cotts. Over and over and over. :bang I think calling him a top of the rotation guy, which i know you did, is a bit premature. :nono

Guest hotsoxchick1
Those numbers don't exactly prove your point Michelle...

Put Wells on a good team and he is a very good pitcher, one the Sox would love to have.

what numbers... i didnt post any numbers... as for kip comin to the sox.. been there done that and it sucked... dont want to have him back here..it would be like takin todd ritchie back.. why step backwards when the whole point is to go foward.............wells could pitch for the yanks and still suck.. hes lost whatever he had that made him such a hot prospect....

Kip still has better/as good of stuff as Mark does.  He just has no idea how to pitch.  That, and PNC Park is a hitter's park, yet Wells has posted an ERA of 3.58 and 3.63 in his two years in Pittsburgh.  Not too damn bad.  Nardi got to him, messed with his mind and mechanics, Kip lost a lot of faith in himself and is slowly picking it up.

But I'm sure all the Kip bashers just look at his record (or something equally stupid) and dismiss him.  I sure wish he was still here.  Cooper may have been able to straighten him back out.

But yeah, Kip Wells is very talented.  Probably the most talented pitcher the Sox have had in nearly a decade.

kips stats speak for themselves.. as far as using that as a judgement tool you know me better than that.. i dont like stats they are overated.....its that look he gets and you know hes totaly useless when he gets rocked.. which happens too often i base my judgement on his sucking level.......... ;)

Michelle, when you don't like someone, nothing will change your mind, not even the obvious. I just posted Kip's stats and hate to say it, but they compare quite well.

Wells has pitched pretty well for the Pirates (who suck) and has done at least as well or better than Mark this year.

This was never about comparing the two either. It was merely about comparing their initial readiness to make their debuts. Too bad you couldn't have just left it at that......

Michelle, when you don't like someone, nothing will change your mind, not even the obvious. I just posted Kip's stats and hate to say it, but they compare quite well.

Wells has pitched pretty well for the Pirates (who suck) and has done at least as well or better than Mark this year.

This was never about comparing the two either. It was merely about comparing their initial readiness to make their debuts. Too bad you couldn't have just left it at that......

Now THAT we can agree on......... :)