Cotts started tonight

Cerbaho-WG

I can't speak for "we all".  But I am interested in you backing up y our thoughts.......

Who have I overhyped?  Who have I been wrong about?  What specifically have I said that has been inaccurate?  I'm curious as to the number of prospects that you have even seen me talk about in terms of Major League potential? 

How about backing up your opinions?

Id love to, but i dont have all your posts commited to memory. If i did, i would lay it all out for ya........

Then give me a general overview? Who have I overhyped?

If you are going to make an insinuation, you have to have something in mind.

Cotts. Over and over and over. :bang I think calling him a top of the rotation guy, which i know you did, is a bit premature. :nono

I have never said more than Cotts has top of the rotation potential. Ask any f***ing scout that sits and watches him pitch and they will tell you the same. You haven't even seen him pitch, so pardon me for being a bit offended when you question me.

If I am wrong, I am wrong. Sometimes things work out. But he definitely has top of the rotation potential (#1 or 2 starter) and that is widely agreed upon by people who have seen him and people in baseball that know what they hell they are talking about.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those numbers don't exactly prove your point Michelle...

Put Wells on a good team and he is a very good pitcher, one the Sox would love to have.

what numbers... i didnt post any numbers... as for kip comin to the sox.. been there done that and it sucked... dont want to have him back here..it would be like takin todd ritchie back.. why step backwards when the whole point is to go foward.............wells could pitch for the yanks and still suck.. hes lost whatever he had that made him such a hot prospect....

You just don't get it, do you?

I can't speak for "we all".  But I am interested in you backing up y our thoughts.......

Who have I overhyped?  Who have I been wrong about?  What specifically have I said that has been inaccurate?  I'm curious as to the number of prospects that you have even seen me talk about in terms of Major League potential? 

Id love to, but i dont have all your posts commited to memory. If i did, i would lay it all out for ya........

Cotts. Over and over and over. :bang I think calling him a top of the rotation guy, which i know you did, is a bit premature. :nono

I have never said more than Cotts has top of the rotation potential. Ask any f***ing scout that sits and watches him pitch and they will tell you the same. You haven't even seen him pitch, so pardon me for being a bit offended when you question me.

If I am wrong, I am wrong. Sometimes things work out. But he definitely has top of the rotation potential (#1 or 2 starter) and that is widely agreed upon by people who have seen him and people in baseball that know what they hell they are talking about.

;) Settle down pilgrim. Anyone has the "potential". Look at Buehrle now, and where he came from.........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Kip still has better/as good of stuff as Mark does.  He just has no idea how to pitch.  That, and PNC Park is a hitter's park, yet Wells has posted an ERA of 3.58 and 3.63 in his two years in Pittsburgh.  Not too damn bad.  Nardi got to him, messed with his mind and mechanics, Kip lost a lot of faith in himself and is slowly picking it up.

But I'm sure all the Kip bashers just look at his record (or something equally stupid) and dismiss him.  I sure wish he was still here.  Cooper may have been able to straighten him back out.

But yeah, Kip Wells is very talented.  Probably the most talented pitcher the Sox have had in nearly a decade.

kips stats speak for themselves.. as far as using that as a judgement tool you know me better than that.. i dont like stats they are overated.....its that look he gets and you know hes totaly useless when he gets rocked.. which happens too often i base my judgement on his sucking level.......... ;)

Michelle, when you don't like someone, nothing will change your mind, not even the obvious. I just posted Kip's stats and hate to say it, but they compare quite well.

Wells has pitched pretty well for the Pirates (who suck) and has done at least as well or better than Mark this year.

This was never about comparing the two either. It was merely about comparing their initial readiness to make their debuts. Too bad you couldn't have just left it at that......

chris... you are the same way.. when you get your mind to it it doesnt change... kinda the pot and kettle there huh.........lol.....

kips stats dont mean s***.. as most stats .......over inflated under inflated.. its a bunch of meaningless numbers....sitting and watching what they do is more important to me.. the way they carry themselves and such can tell you alot about a player.....as you well know.........kip never had confidence.. and most likely never will becuse once hes gotten to he doesnt know how to let it go and get himself back to that ZONE......hes suckin for the pirates.. and isnt even doing half as well as mark is currently..........who the hell cares... i dont.. kips not with us and wont ever be again......and i didint start this kip mark comparison you did........ ;)

Kip still has better/as good of stuff as Mark does.  He just has no idea how to pitch.  That, and PNC Park is a hitter's park, yet Wells has posted an ERA of 3.58 and 3.63 in his two years in Pittsburgh.  Not too damn bad.  Nardi got to him, messed with his mind and mechanics, Kip lost a lot of faith in himself and is slowly picking it up.

But I'm sure all the Kip bashers just look at his record (or something equally stupid) and dismiss him.  I sure wish he was still here.  Cooper may have been able to straighten him back out.

But yeah, Kip Wells is very talented.  Probably the most talented pitcher the Sox have had in nearly a decade.

kips stats speak for themselves.. as far as using that as a judgement tool you know me better than that.. i dont like stats they are overated.....its that look he gets and you know hes totaly useless when he gets rocked.. which happens too often i base my judgement on his sucking level.......... ;)

Or, combined with those solid stats, suggests I'm right and that he doesn't suck; he doesn't know how to pitch... Probably an effect caused by working with the man Lou Piniella called, "the worst pitching coach in baseball."

:huh:

Believe all you want, but Kip Wells has more talent than Mark Buehrle (and I base that on watching the two of them pitch, not on stats, because (duh) Mark has better stats). No dig on Mark, though... He may not have the best stuff, but he's such a smart pitcher, he elevates his game by changing speeds effectively and picking spots. 'Nuttin' wrong wit dat.

;) Settle down pilgrim. Anyone has the "potential". Look at Buehrle now, and where he came from.........

At the same point of their careers, Buehrle was just as highly regarded. He just sneaked up on everyone because he got to that point faster.

And NO, not "anyone has the potential" to be a top of the rotation guy.

At the same point of their careers, Buehrle was just as highly regarded. He just sneaked up on everyone because he got to that point faster.

Maybe so. What makes you so qualified to judge talent? You seem to know a lot............ :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1

Put Wells on a good team and he is a very good pitcher, one the Sox would love to have.

what numbers... i didnt post any numbers... as for kip comin to the sox.. been there done that and it sucked... dont want to have him back here..it would be like takin todd ritchie back.. why step backwards when the whole point is to go foward.............wells could pitch for the yanks and still suck.. hes lost whatever he had that made him such a hot prospect....

no you just dont f***in get it...

no you just dont f***in get it...

:o

kips stats dont mean s***.. as most stats .......over inflated under inflated.. its a bunch of meaningless numbers....

So stats don't mean s***, but the look you saw in his eyes 3 or 4 years ago is more important? You are kidding yourself, Michelle. Any kind of objectivity at all, would allow you to say "Hey, Kip has gotten better and he is a pretty good pitcher".

Time to take the blinders off.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol buehrle was never touted in high reguards.. only mediocre...........not thought of highly till he went out and kicked for a whole season.........he was our diamond in the rough.........

Guest hotsoxchick1
So stats don't mean s***, but the look you saw in his eyes 3 or 4 years ago is more important?  You are kidding yourself, Michelle.  Any kind of objectivity at all, would allow you to say "Hey, Kip has gotten better and he is a pretty good pitcher".

yeah time for you to get a f***in clue.. kip is no better than when he left here and he sucked here he had one good season.. thats f***in it one... get a grip on reality for a change........the kids got no f***in confidence and will never ever be half the pitcher he was touted as............another over hyped blow out...........period.......

lol buehrle was never touted in high reguards.. only mediocre...........not thought of highly till he went out and kicked for a whole season.........he was our diamond in the rough.........

That's not entirely true. Granted, he was drafted pretty late (38th round, IIRC), but I remember reading a few things on him and a lot of people thought that if he went back to JC for another year and worked on some stuff, he could have turned into a 1st-3rd round pick the next year.

And, by 2000, he was flying through the Sox system and some of us had him pegged for the rotation by 2001 or 2002. He was pretty highly thought of by late 2000, anyway... Turned out way better than expected and accomplished it way faster, but that's cool.

Maybe so. What makes you so qualified to judge talent? You seem to know a lot............ :huh:

I have never said that I am great at evaluating talent, nor do I have any special skills in that regard.

However, I have seen baseball up close for many years at many levels. I have played with guys that have played in the big leagues. I have umpired games that included players that are/have been in the big leagues. I have seen lots of guys that I initially thought would make it, but didn't, which has helped me be more realistic in what I think I see.

I am not afraid to talk to scouts who sit behind home plate and are paid to evaluate these guys. Some I talk to quite frequently.

Combine all of that, and a few other things here and there, and that is how I evaluate talent. Does it make me an expert? No ........ Is it perfect? No........... Is it a better means of evaluating talent than someone who has never or rarely seen a player? Hell yes....

I have never said that I am great at evaluating talent, nor do I have any special skills in that regard.

However, I have seen baseball up close for many years at many levels. I have played with guys that have played in the big leagues. I have umpired games that included players that are/have been in the big leagues. I have seen lots of guys that I initially thought would make it, but didn't, which has helped me be more realistic in what I think I see.

I am not afraid to talk to scouts who sit behind home plate and are paid to evaluate these guys. Some I talk to quite frequently.

Combine all of that, and a few other things here and there, and that is how I evaluate talent. Does it make me an expert? No ........ Is it perfect? No........... Is it a better means of evaluating talent than someone who has never or rarely seen a player? Hell yes....

You think you can evaluate players better than me? I may be a "natural" ya know.......... :P

So stats don't mean s***, but the look you saw in his eyes 3 or 4 years ago is more important?  You are kidding yourself, Michelle.  Any kind of objectivity at all, would allow you to say "Hey, Kip has gotten better and he is a pretty good pitcher".

yeah time for you to get a f***in clue.. kip is no better than when he left here and he sucked here he had one good season.. thats f***in it one... get a grip on reality for a change........the kids got no f***in confidence and will never ever be half the pitcher he was touted as............another over hyped blow out...........period.......

I'm going to choose to end this because your point is baseless.

Guest hotsoxchick1

You think you can evaluate players better than me? I may be a "natural" ya know.......... :P

one never knows whos reading and posting on the boards these days...... ;)

If you have never seen a player that I have seen pitch many times, yes I do.

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol now thats surprising .. you leaving in the middle of a debate cause you think your right all the time........lmao....... ;)

lol now thats surprising .. you leaving in the middle of a debate cause you think your right all the time........lmao....... ;)

Give one reason that can be backed up to prove your point other than the look in Kip's eyes 3-4 years ago. You can't. The numbers don't back you up. I don't see anyone else coming to your defense on this point, because anyone with any objectivity can see you are wrong.

I don't have to be right Michelle. But if you are going to tell me I am wrong, back it up and prove your point. I have yet to see that happen.