Christ, the Sox are getting desperate.

Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
I just received a call from them asking if I wanted to purchase any tickets since I'd "purhcased some already for the 2011 season". Are they really calling anyone who has purchased single-game tickets, now?

Yikes.

This is incredibly common in sports. Lots of teams follow up with people pretty recently after the game they bought single-game seats for.

Basically, this doesn't mean anything other than the Sox are trying to sell tickets, which shouldn't be a surprise.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 12:03 AM)
I forgot they were selling playoff tickets a few weeks ago holding the season ticket holders hostage as if this team could make the playoffs.

Welcome to the world of professional sports. Every team does this, yet you keep acting so surprised & outraged. If the Bears are 5-7 with 4 weeks left, while 9-7 can get them in, I can guarantee a playoff invoice will go out.

QUOTE (Felix @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)
This is incredibly common in sports. Lots of teams follow up with people pretty recently after the game they bought single-game seats for.

I bought the tickets in April. I've purchased tickets every year since I graduated high school (2001). This is the first such phone call I've ever received.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 08:46 AM)
I bought the tickets in April. I've purchased tickets every year since I graduated high school (2001). This is the first such phone call I've ever received.

You better act fast before all of the playoff tickets are gone!