The Twins

danman31

i totally agree

Santana has stablized their rotation.

they're better defensively

and they have an infinitely better bullpen.

plus, i don't believe they have any more games against the Yankees -- while the Sox and Royals do.

let's hope Cleveland can slow them down in the Twinkie Dome. Four game series starts tomorrow

Exactly my point. As for the strength of schedule the Royals had the easiest, Twins 2nd easiest, and Sox 15th easiest in MLB as of about a week ago. So the Royals and Twins are pretty even when it comes to SOS, but the Sox will have a much tougher time. The head to head play will determine who wins the division.

Repeat after me:

If the Sox worry about winning each series, they'll have no worries. They won't win every game and it'll take a bit of time for them to pull away from KC and the Twins. But if they keep winning series--especially against teams like the A's--they'll be fine and just where we want them to be come early September.

Forkit!

These guys are right there. 2.5 behind KC and 2 behind us and they have been winning lately. They scare me more than KC. Anybody else agree with me?

Of course. I have said from day one, and still say, the twins are the team to beat in the central.

These guys have just held on to beat Detroit the last three nights.  I'm not worried about them. Not yet anyway.

CWSOX45

And they play them like 7 more times in the next few weeks...Damn it...will the Tigers just beat them once!?!?! Damn tigers...why do you suck this bad? :fyou

They beat us 7 times..which is embarrassing in itself...

None of us can b**** about the Twins and Royals having easier schedules. We had an easy ass schedule to start the season. And than an easy ass roadtrip to finish the 1st half of the season. We flopped both times. All we can do is take care of business ourselves. Heatherlee posted somethin a few days ago about us havin 17 home gms in Sept compared to 10 road gms. And we've been killers at home this year...We play like we're capable and the division is ours regardless of anything the Twins and Royals do...

Yes, I had a minor disagreement about the effects of strength of schedule earlier on this board. It is something that you definely have to take into consideration and could play a part in the outcome of this race. I was told it didn't matter. Anyway, it can effect things, but I believe the Sox can overcome this because they have a tendency to play to level of their competition and the fact that we have 7 games each remaining with KC and the Twins. We've taken 7 out of the last 8 from KC and also recently sent the Twins a message. The Twins are done with the Yankees, for sure. They lost 7 in a row to them early in the season and that is all they have.

These guys have just held on to beat Detroit the last three nights.  I'm not worried about them. Not yet anyway.

CWSOX45

And they play them like 7 more times in the next few weeks...Damn it...will the Tigers just beat them once!?!?! Damn tigers...why do you suck this bad? :fyou

just catching up with news having just gotten back from Chicago -

I will give you a hunch - that the tigs are now fully enraged at the twins and they may start beating them - the blood has turned bad - just a hunch - the tigs might have gotten their wake up call today this far into the season

I will give you a hunch - that the tigs are now fully enraged at the twins and they may start beating them - the blood has turned bad - just a hunch - the tigs might have gotten their wake up call today this far into the season

That's one heck of a reach. The Tigers suck, heart or not. I want to see them do well, but I also want to see them get the worst record in MLB history. See I feel sorry for them, but I want to see the record broken.

That's one heck of a reach. The Tigers suck, heart or not. I want to see them do well, but I also want to see them get the worst record in MLB history. See I feel sorry for them, but I want to see the record broken.

Not a reach at all - I have reasons for that hunch

I have no use for the tigers whatsoever but I also don't wish bad things and record breaking bad things on any (noncub) team