Neal Cotts

bulokis

How come there is nothing written about Cottsy coming to the Sox and pitch against the Angels? I'm hoping he does well. I cant wait to see him pitch.

what pitches does he features? I read that he gets most of his strikeouts on his fastballs because he hides his pitches well.

How come there is nothing written about Cottsy coming to the Sox and pitch against the Angels? I'm hoping he does well. I cant wait to see him pitch.

what pitches does he features? I read that he gets most of his strikeouts on his fastballs because he hides his pitches well.

It hasn't be announced "officially" yet. His teammate Jim Bullard, announced to everyone that Cotts has been put on a plane to Anaheim. The move will be announced sometime on Tuesday morning or Monday night after the game.

From the Southtown, it's about as close as you're going to get to a confirm til tommorrow:

The Cotts era begins?

Manuel didn't want to name names, but indications are that Tuesday's starting pitcher against Anaheim could be highly touted prospect Neal Cotts.

Manuel said he likes Danny Wright as a reliever, and the No. 5 starter's spot comes up for Tuesday's game.

"We'll possibly need someone Tuesday, unless we decide on this flight (to Anaheim) that we're going to go with Danny Wright," Manuel said. "But we're kind of comfortable right now with him in the 'pen. We could possibly make a move in the next couple of days.

"We'll definitely need a starter here. We're not going to go into a four-man rotation at this time."

It just so happens that the left-handed Cotts last pitched on Thursday for Double-A Birmingham, so he'd be on schedule to pitch Tuesday. Cotts is 9-6 with a 2.12 ERA for the Barons this season.

"There's a number of guys down there that are possibilities," Manuel replied when asked whether Cotts was the leading candidate. "I don't want to give any names and create any false hope. I'll just wait until we make some decisions here before we name that person."

I'll definately be at the game he pitches.

Also for those interested...the Angels gates now open 2 hours before game time so you can see a ton of batting practice.

It was something their new owner just announced and today is the first day its gonna be implemented.

Also for those interested...the Angels gates now open 2 hours before game time so you can see a ton of batting practice. 

It was something their new owner just announced and today is the first day its gonna be implemented.

Sweet, and I'll try to make it to that game too :headbang

Jesus, it's like someone keeps giving me signs to go to the game, and fork over that 9 dollars :P

Jesus, it's like someone keeps giving me signs to go to the game, and fork over that 9 dollars :P

If ya go...tell me..cause I owe you some Krispy Kremes :)

Oh Yeah, forgot about that. See you could have gotten away with not getting me any, and I wouldn't have even remembered or mentioned it.

Your Loss!! :lol:

Oh Yeah, forgot about that. See you could have gotten away with not getting me any, and I wouldn't have even remembered or mentioned it.

Hell...now that I think about it, there is Krispy Kreme like 5 minutes from the stadium.

Hell...now that I think about it, there is Krispy Kreme like 5 minutes from the stadium.

Is it in that plaza that has the Togo's, Panda Express, Starbucks, and Baskin Robbins? Forgot what street that's on....

No...its on the other side, by the 22 freeway in a place called the Block (if your familiar with that).

I'm probably gonna hit up the Togo's before the game today. :headbang

If you happen to take the 22, its really fast to exit on State College and you'd make a left towards the stadium. Make a right on orangewood or orangethrope (Whatever the hell its called) and there is this discount parking that enters right into the stadium lot (Its on the left hand side right in front of the stadium entrance. Instead of 9 or 10 bucks for parking its 5 and your closer then most people.

Jason, when you owe someone something, you usuallly dont remind them. ;) :bang

You owe me a 12-pack of Coke Jas.... :lol: