Music Reviews?

danman31

I am thinking of buying the new smashmouth CD, but I haven't heard much. I kinda like the single You are my number 1, but it's not their best work and I don't know anything about the other songs on the CD. I tried going to yahoo! music and the onion's av club, but found no reviews that were useful. Does anybody know of any sites that are good for this or does anybody know anything about this CD?

I am thinking of buying the new smashmouth CD, but I haven't heard much. I kinda like the single You are my number 1, but it's not their best work and I don't know anything about the other songs on the CD. I tried going to yahoo! music and the onion's av club, but found no reviews that were useful. Does anybody know of any sites that are good for this or does anybody know anything about this CD?

Blender gave it 4 stars...Here's what they said about the album

SMASH MOUTH

Hooky quartet has never sounded more normal or unique

Hey Now, you're rock stars. So why don't we know what any of you look like? The funny and starnge thing about Smash Mouth is how good they are making standout records while leading lives that fade into the background.

Hailing from San Jose, California, they have done a marvelous job of not moving to Los Angeles. They've never gotten flashy or trashy, and they don't need their picture in the paper. They just make sound, lightly surprising pop songs. With Get The Picture, they've done it again, and a little differently.

Smash Mouth have written wacky tunes about TV psychics and getting dumped for another woman. But four albums in, thinking about the long haul, they come across like average backyard astronomer, a guy with his telescope next to his gas grill: totally average and yearning to see something no one esle has ever seen. On "Space Man," singer Steve Harwell even drops a bunch of "Lost in Space" metaphors.

Their idea of a protest song is "105," which courageously takes a stand against traffic jams: in "Always Gets her Way," the romantic hierarchy is overturned as an uncool boy hooks the tres cool girl. They come on like Huey Lewis armed with a Super Soaker instead of a nine-iron.

They're so straightforward, you can forget how crafty, even sly, Smash Mouth can get. The CD's first single, "You Are My Number One," was written by 62 year old tunesmith Neil Diamond, and it sounds as effervescent and sincere as a collaboration with SpomgeBop SquarePants. It's plausible, user friendly bubblegum raggae--Think NO DOUBT, not SUGAR RAY.

They already scored a hit with a hit cover of Diamond's "I'm a Believer"(From the Shrek Soundtrack). They're recording a song with Diamond for his next CD. Among much else, say this about Smash Mouth: They make the normal seem weird