Viciedo Not Worth The Wait

Marty34

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ May 31, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
Hey, Hitler and W won that award. Why not Ozzie?

Wow I thought you were kidding but I looked it up and Hitler did win in 1938. I was just in New Orleans at the WWII Museum and seeing all the video clips of Hitler bullying everyone around and the US coming in and crushing him was pretty sweet.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)
Wow I thought you were kidding but I looked it up and Hitler did win in 1938. I was just in New Orleans at the WWII Museum and seeing all the video clips of Hitler bullying everyone around and the US coming in and crushing him was pretty sweet.

Stalin too, I believe

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 31, 2012 -> 04:56 PM)
I've been consistent in saying that if this team does not contend this year that it was time for Kenny to go. How's that being Jay Mariotti?

Here I will disagree with you.

Dunn's bad year is not on KW. It's a freak thing going on with Adam (out of shape?) but whatever it is...that was not a hideous contract for what was expected and no one was to see his career falling off a table like that.

Rios - I'm not going to kill KW over paying what he's paying for a .760 OPS guy who was supposed to handle CF. At RF, it's not great value....but again, not fireable. Rios was great in 2010 and perhaps now. He basically seems like a guy who is a solid piece in the years his bat is not a noodle.

Peavy is on KW, as the PETCO numbers were heading downward, so they should've seen something. Peavy is on KW and also Reinsdorf for his insistence on getting aces only on short deals. Which may not be an awful stance to have but just saying it influenced the Peavy acquisition.

The Dan Hudson trade appears to be Rizzo's fault. Both Swisher trades are bad, but even that's not fireable because the second one was purely Kenny asking Ozzie the main thing he wanted done, and Ozzie said he wanted Swish off the team.

The young guys KW let go are probably the worst thing about him, but since we know he trades prospects, that can't be a shock. We're just not going to be the kind of team that holds onto all of them, so some will flourish on other teams by law of averages. KW is worth it because he is great at the scrap heap and under-the-radar acquisitions.... Danks, Alexei, De Aza, AJP, Iguchi, Quintana, Podsednik. Failed big moves hurt, but assigning tons of blame on the GM for just that is bad logic.

Edited by Jose Paniagua