Chris Sale is an All-Star

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 08:42 AM)
I don't think they're skipping it solely because of the all star game...they're skipping it also because they're desperate to give him some extra rest. And if he sits on Sunday, it buys him Sunday and Monday off, a brief outing on Tuesday, and then Wednesday off, giving him maybe 1-2 innings over 8-9 days.

They were also saying that a rest for Sale has been planned around the all-star break for a while now, whether or not he was selected.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
I don't think they're skipping it solely because of the all star game...they're skipping it also because they're desperate to give him some extra rest. And if he sits on Sunday, it buys him Sunday and Monday off, a brief outing on Tuesday, and then Wednesday off, giving him maybe 1-2 innings over 8-9 days.

It makes sense from that standpoint. I don't see this as a controversial issue.

Axelrod listed as the starter tomorrow. So Chris might be available for Tuesday. It would be awesome for him and the team if he was named the starter. Besides the fact the he deserves it