Sale's next start uncertain

Caesar

Not surprised he'd be tired. Getting Liriano is helpful and for those saying Sox are going to deal Floyd, that would just put the Sox back in a tough spot. Floyd is only going for an upgrade in the rotation.

Sox should be able to give Sale some additional rest. My guess is they will move him throughout the rotation, giving him extra time off (and possibly Q) while starting the other guys on relatively normal rest.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
And we now have yet another rookie on the team, 2B/SS Rey Olmedo.

Doubt we'll even see him once, it will be like Heath.

31 years old too. Can play 3B, RF & LF as well. Smart roster addition.

Edited by JPN366

Monday, looks like Quintana vs. De Vries

Liriano versus Blackburn next

Peavy (extra rest) versus Dustin Screech Diamond WED

Looks like a classic "trap" series after the Twins just wasted the Indians after we swept through them

Maybe maybe Sale with extra rest (or Humber/Floyd) vs. Greinke on Friday at the Cell???

Det at Boston, then at home versus CLE (revenge series).....DET typically hasn't played well at Fenway

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
31 years old too. Can play 3B, RF & LF as well. Smart roster addition.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/pro...P=Rainer-Olmedo

Have no idea how he's gotten 403 at-bats in his career with a 569 OPS. That's 100 points below Escobar in the minor leagues...or about what Eduardo projected in the majors, somewhere between 575-600 probably.

Might be the best time to put Chris Sale on the 15 dl for arm fatigue. Then do the same for Peavy when Sale would come back. Then you keep a five man rotation through August and get plenty of rest for your two most important starters.

After rosters expand there will be a lot of flexibility with 6 starters already and maybe throw in an Axelrod and/or Castro start. And September could be time to give Quintana some rest.

Should be able now to devise some strategies to keep our starters fresh but not overused. I think that the White Sox have been doing a pretty good job at this so far. Especially for Chris Sale.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Monday, looks like Quintana vs. De Vries

Liriano versus Blackburn next

Peavy (extra rest) versus Dustin Screech Diamond WED

Looks like a classic "trap" series after the Twins just wasted the Indians after we swept through them

Maybe maybe Sale with extra rest (or Humber/Floyd) vs. Greinke on Friday at the Cell???

Det at Boston, then at home versus CLE (revenge series).....DET typically hasn't played well at Fenway

I hope so, as I will be in the house for Elvis night :headbang

Seriously though, that may be the best pitching matchup I've ever seen in person (on paper I guess, since Sale is tired and ZG isn't a top notch pitcher any more LOL).

I don't think Loshe/Dempster that I saw 2 weeks ago at Busch in going to cut it :lolhitting