3 game losing streaks.

Greg Hibbard

These "contenders" have the following things that make them look "not like playoff teams":

Angels- a 5-6 record over their past 11 games overall, including losing 3 in a row at home to Oakland in a potentially season killing series.

Athletics - a 3-5 record over their past 8 games overall, including you guessed it - a 3 game losing streak themselves.

Tigers - A 7-9 record over their past 16 games overall. They had two losing streaks of 3 games in there. Go figure.

Rays - a 4-7 record over their past 11 games, including a 3 game losing streak.

Let's get 'em tomorrow boys. 5-3 in our past 8. We hit a rough stretch of three bad games but I expect this team will snap out of it. Tomorrow.

I believe.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 11:06 PM)
These "contenders" have the following things that make them look "not like playoff teams":

Angels- a 5-6 record over their past 11 games overall, including losing 3 in a row at home to Oakland in a potentially season killing series.

Athletics - a 3-5 record over their past 8 games overall, including you guessed it - a 3 game losing streak themselves.

Tigers - A 7-9 record over their past 16 games overall. They had two losing streaks of 3 games in there. Go figure.

Rays - a 4-7 record over their past 11 games, including a 3 game losing streak.

Let's get 'em tomorrow boys. 5-3 in our past 8. We hit a rough stretch of three bad games but I expect this team will snap out of it. Tomorrow.

I believe.

Because most likely only one of them will be a playoff team.

I liked Rongey's postgame show tonight. He said it's insane to be mad at the White Sox situation. He said if baseball makes you so mad, why watch it? He said to relax and enjoy the fact the Sox have been in it all year when everybody expected them to suck.

So I agree, Mr. Rongey. What will be will be. Bad baseball is better than no baseball. If the Sox are gonna make it, good for them. If not, oh well. f*** it.

Go Sox!!

The thing is, the KC Royals didn't make Alex Rios hesistate when breaking for the plate (probably the fact that he knew runs can't score from third with less than 2 outs) or make Alexei Ramirez fall asleep and get picked off 3rd as well.

The Royals were willing to give us that game (the Guthrie errant throw down the 1B line), and likely the playoffs with a 3 game lead and only 13 left to go.

But we gave it right back to them by not destroying their will to fight back in that game, and had the predictable bullpen letdown late.

If we got Liriano a 4-5-6 run lead, that game would have turned out much differently.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 06:18 AM)
It happens. Whenever you think we're about to finally lay down, this team surprises us. I bet we lose tonight, Detroit wins, the board self-implodes, and then tomorrow, the exact opposite happens.

Better yet, Detroit is swept by the Twins, and Scherzer is lost for the season (but not a career-threatening injury).

The Twins cause the Tigers to blow up their entire bullpen on Sunday with two extra innings losses by one run.

The Sox have rebounded from adversity all season long. They've never faded. I think this just one of those stretches and they'll come to win with Quintana tonight. For whatever reason, that young man have provided a boost when needed. BTW is Peavy tired because of 200+ innings or does he just not have it anymore?

JUST WIN BABY!

GO SOX!!!

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 07:55 AM)
Better yet, Detroit is swept by the Twins, and Scherzer is lost for the season (but not a career-threatening injury).

The Twins cause the Tigers to blow up their entire bullpen on Sunday with two extra innings losses by one run.

Too bad the Twins couldn't play them in the baggie dome.