White Sox Sign LHP Trevor Reckling

maggsmaggs

White Sox signed LHP Trevor Reckling to a minor league contract.

Reckling once participated in the Futures Game but has taken a steady fall from grace ever since. The 23-year-old lefty allowed 19 runs in 6 2/3 innings this past season with High-A Inland Empire -- an affiliate of the Angels

https://twitter.com/eddymk/status/274002880934080512

Looked real good until 2010. Then had a solid year in 2011. Then sucked in a month of A-ball last year. Maybe the Sox are tying to find Donnie Veal II, but this guy looks lost.

Intriguing player if he can find it again.

Trevor did not look good. Last week he did well in his first two innings when he came into a game but fell apart in his 3rd inning of work. Tonight he started and loaded the bases in both the first and second innings, hit a couple batters, couldn’t find the zone, same struggles he was having in his last outing. He looks like he is rushing, he’s definitely thinking too much and trying to aim. I have some photos that I have taken of his first two outings and his release point is up way too high too. I’m sure they are making adjustments and will have a better idea of what he needs to work on but I haven’t seen someone this off in a long time. I’m thinking it’s more in Trevor’s head than anything else. I hope he gets it straightened out, he is a very likable kid.

Thats a comment I found.

and Here's John Sickels

He was a ground ball pitcher in previous seasons, but last year mechanical issues led him to elevate the ball in the the strike zone more often, resulting in a pronounced fly ball tendency and more home runs allowed.

http://seedlingstostars.com/2011/08/24/har...revor-reckling/

Whole article's a decent read...well at least when you cant sleep...

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 29, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)
Checked out his twitter and he seems to be affiliated with some "Gimme eem" saying/shirt/?? so in the spirit of that...

#coop'llfixeem!

I haven't looked at his twitter, but are you referring to the "GOT EEEM" thing? That's from Kevin Millar on Intentional Talk.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 29, 2012 -> 06:12 PM)
I haven't looked at his twitter, but are you referring to the "GOT EEEM" thing? That's from Kevin Millar on Intentional Talk.

Negative...I love IT

Here's what I'm talkin about.... http://instagram.com/p/SbnOfrDVF2/ ....I believe thats him and hey look a Bulls cap! (may not be him but he promotes the daylights out of it)

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Nov 29, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)
Wow, what a dive from top prospect to FA. Despite that, Reckling obviously has talent and hopefully he can find it again with the White Sox. I like this move.

Bobby jenks came to the soxfrom the angels I believe the results could be made with Reckling.

Edited by forrestg

QUOTE (forrestg @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
the scouting report said he three good pitches but velocity is down. Jenks was a starter before we got him. just noticing similarities . worth a look

C

That's why he was brought in. Jenks didn't have 3 good pitches in the minors though. He developed his cutter/slider in the majors. When he was in the minors, he was 100 MPH fastball and a huge 12-6 curve. That's what he got people out with.