What about Chris Crapenter?

Mathew

Get Carpenter? And have him knock the crap out of valentin for hitting him with a baseball in the head on a line drive. Also, Chris Carpenter is sub par. Pedro Astacio of the Mets is good. But of course KW is an idiot. Merry Christmas KW, heres your gift:****

Interesting. Carpenter has a lot of potential, especially as a swingman, imo.

I'd be all over this signing. The guy is a good starter.

Look at his number. The only thing I'm wondering is if he's coming off an injury. Does anyone know if thats the case, cause he only made 13 starts last season. The last of which was made in August.

Anyway if you look at his career numbers, you'll see that the year before he made 34 starts with 3 cg's and 2 shutouts. He was 11-11 with a 4.09 era on a lousy team.

That was his 2001 stats.

In 2000 he made 32 starts and was 10-12 with a 6.26 era, but the two years before that he was really good.

In 98 he was 12-7 with a 4.37 era and then in 99 he was 9-8 with a 4.38 era and 4 complete games.

This guy has a very strong arm and has thrown a ton of innings. I'm thinking now would be a great time to pick him up, as long as he isn't coming off a severe injury.

Very smart move by KW, if he would pick him up at like 500k.

If he's out till August it's easy...he's taking up room on their roster, and they either

a) want to pick up another player via the Rule 5 draft

or

b) want to bring another player up to protect him from the Rule 5 draft

That'd be my guess...who needs a guy that is out until August? I guess if we signed Lieber, we could ask KW that too.