Game Thread: White Sox vs. those pesky Astros

BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
I just want everyone to remember these 3 posts and the message they should give.

Prior & Wood, you just wait until those guys get healthy... MY GOD

We shouldn't worry though, we already have Sale & I just got off the phone with my source & he says Scott Ruffcorn's still stuck in traffic, but he's gonna be here soon, you can bet your bottom dollar on that, and we'll have a 1-2 that's even better.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
Well, yeah the 59 team is what everyone remembers but Minnie Minoso and Jungle Jim Rivera ushered in the Go-Go era way before that.

Minnie is one of the few players who scored on a wild pitch from first when he was a rookie with Cleveland.Took off on first move,pitcher puts it into the dirt where it goes into the air,catcher is doing the 'where's the ball' routine,Minnie sees this as he gets to second and takes off for third.Ball comes down atbase of backstop,catcher doesn't see it.Pitcher leaves mound to get the ball.Minnie and 3rd baseman are neck and neck heading for home,Minnie slides safely under pitchers high throw.Remember reading this in a newspaper article or magazine and it has stayed with me all these years.a x

Boy does our team stink. I think we're all ready to turn over the everday lineup. I'd be OK with getting rid of every hitter in the starting lineup bar none (I've never been a big Rios guy and I have to admit Paulie's finished).

From my vantage point, Hahn has to keep all our pitchers (except for Thornton of course) while completely rebuilding our lineup/defense. How's he gonna do that? I dunno. But I wouldn't trade every good pitcher we've got or it could be a 20-year rebuild.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 10:39 PM)
Well, yeah the 59 team is what everyone remembers but Minnie Minoso and Jungle Jim Rivera ushered in the Go-Go era way before that.

Nellie Fox is the one I remember the best. He and Luis Aparicio. But, Fox was my favorite as a kid and my first baseball glove was a Nellie Fox model

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 04:39 PM)

Jungle Jim Rivera according to Elston made shoe string catches in the outfield. I still don't know what that meant but 5 years old in 53 and that was as exciting as it got for a 5 year old. (no tv)

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 06:40 PM)
Nellie Fox is the one I remember the best. He and Luis Aparicio. But, Fox was my favorite as a kid and my first baseball glove was a Nellie Fox model

Funny. My favorite was Louie and my first baseball glove was a Luis Aparicio model. :D