Who is Leury Garcia?

NorthSideSox72

If Garcia shows the capability to hit .250 or so and shows elite defensive ability, I want Semien at 2B or 3B. If you are going to have Semien in the hypothetical lineup anyways, you are comparing Gillaspie to Garcia, and I want .650 OPS at elite defensive at SS as opposed to a .700 OPS and good defense at 3B.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
If Garcia shows the capability to hit .250 or so and shows elite defensive ability, I want Semien at 2B or 3B. If you are going to have Semien in the hypothetical lineup anyways, you are comparing Gillaspie to Garcia, and I want .650 OPS at elite defensive at SS as opposed to a .700 OPS and good defense at 3B.

That we can agree on, but he's only hitting .263 on the season in AAA. Yeah he's only 22 and those are his first 200 at bats at AAA, but let's not rush this one. On top of that, 10 errors in 43 games isn't great either. Give him some at bats in winterball and at AAA to start next season, and if he earns the slot, then we call ourselves very successful.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2013 -> 12:43 PM)
That we can agree on, but he's only hitting .263 on the season in AAA. Yeah he's only 22 and those are his first 200 at bats at AAA, but let's not rush this one. On top of that, 10 errors in 43 games isn't great either. Give him some at bats in winterball and at AAA to start next season, and if he earns the slot, then we call ourselves very successful.

I think we're on the same page here