Krumbling Koch

winninguglyin83

love to see koch succeed. it would give the team a huge boost. Don't know of any Sox fans who want to see him FAIL.

but what would be horrible for this team would be for Koch to return and be put into important games when they are on the line. Something is wrong with the guy this year. He simply doesn't have it.

Management was slow to remove him from a critical role and it has cost this team games the Sox should not have lost.  It's not outrageous to believe the Sox would have a four or five game cushion without Koch's high-wire pyrotechnics. Even Koch has admitted he has been dreadful.

it's time for the Sox to proceed without Koch in 2003 and work on getting him right for 2004.

I have to agree, especially after we acquired Sullivan.

Let Marte and Gordon close based on the matchups and let Sullivan be the primary setup guy.

We're playing just fine without Koch, so there's no reason to bring him back unless he's gonna be lights out, which I don't see happening.

Agreed -- and based on some of the recent comments about Billy Koch, I'd wager there are several "self-centered morons" on this board.

I'd like to see one post where the poster is happy Koch failed. All the posts I saw yesterday, and I was the one that posted his line, were pissed off he failed.I am pissed off he has failed all year. He must be hurt. I want him to do well, but the reality is he is not going to help the Sox this season. His fastball, which he claimed was back to 98 was not. His ball was straight, AAA hitters were teeing off off him. Someone said it was his first outing and it may take time, but his performance was the same it has been all year. I just think it is way too optimistic to think the Sox can count on him being any better this year. Rest all winter, and see what happens next spring.

Thats all I have said recently....Koch is gonna need the entire Winter without picking up a baseball, and he may be right for ST. But the thing is, wasn't he cruisin' right through ST this year? Then, he just drops off? Is this like the 8th Wonder of the World? WTF?

Chicago White Sox Pitching, 2003:

Player  Team  W  L  ERA  G  GS  CG  SHO  SV  IP  H  R  ER  HR  HBP  BB  SO 

E Loaiza CWS 4 2 2.43 7 7 0 0 0 29.2 25 9 8 0 1 4 16 
 J Garland CWS 1 2 4.30 5 5 0 0 0 23.0 31 12 11 2 0 9 15 
 J Stewart CWS 2 0 2.05 6 3 0 0 0 22.0 20 6 5 1 1 4 6 
 B Colon CWS 3 0 5.40 5 5 0 0 0 21.2 23 17 13 5 0 8 19 
 M Buehrle CWS 3 0 1.13 4 3 0 0 0 16.0 10 2 2 0 0 5 8 
 J Rauch CWS 0 1 6.46 5 2 0 0 0 15.1 18 13 11 3 0 10 4 
 G Heredia CWS 0 2 6.75 4 2 0 0 0 12.0 14 11 9 2 1 7 7 
 T Gordon CWS 0 1 3.75 11 1 0 0 2 12.0 16 5 5 1 1 3 16 
 K Wunsch CWS 0 0 0.00 11 0 0 0 0 11.2 4 0 0 0 1 1 15 
 B Koch CWS 0 0 0.82 11 0 0 0 2 11.0 11 1 1 0 0 5 11

How does that make any sense? Ariz is almost as bad as Colorado to pitch in. I'm just confused I guess

Thats all I have said recently....Koch is gonna need the entire Winter without picking up a baseball, and he may be right for ST. But the thing is, wasn't he cruisin' right through ST this year? Then, he just drops off? Is this like the 8th Wonder of the World? WTF?

That's why I think this elbow thing has been going on for a while. I also heard that he had a sore shoulder earlier this season but can't confirm. I just know he hasn't had his fastball all season, and to keep throwing him out there, I believe won't accomplish anything. Give him a couple more opportunities at AAA, but if it doesn't get better real quick, see you in Tucson Billy.

I agree with Wayne Tolleson.

Leave him be til spring training.

We don't need or want this guy in the majors.

I wish him well enough, but he's currently worthless and we are in a pennant race.

We can't afford to blow any more games if we want to win this horses*** division.

I think the fans on here have been pretty fair for baseball fans.

They have gotten on guys when they've sucked, but given credit when guys show some

guts and battle back.

Case in point: Garland. Not everybody likes him but most have given him big time applause

when he's performed well.

Also Crede, Olivo, Mark B, etc.

Except for Roman (where's Roman been?) people have been fair to Mark B pretty much I think.

Let's face it. These guys get paid one gazillion bucks and if they suck fans get on em.

That said, I have nothing against Koch. he hasn't whined to media or said any ridiculous

stuff. He's just sucked.

As a result I hope they hold him out and give him a try next march.