LIVE Olympics THREAD. WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2010 the four QF games were held at noon, 4:30, 7:00, & 9:00 local time. The Russians have the same times except for moving the 7:00 game to 9:00. It makes no sense, the 7:00 time slot would still be primetime.

In 2010, there were no women's games on the same day as the men's knockout round, so the start times could be staggered. Don't know why it was different this year, but with six games being played today in two arenas, no staggering of start times was possible.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 11:28 AM)
Jonas Hiller is human, Latvia takes 1-0 lead. I would give them about a 0.0001% chance against Canada.

Czechs are up 2-0 on Slovakia who is looking like they did in their first two games. Please stay healthy Hossa.

I want them out and Hossa healthy.

That's why Tuukka Rask makes the money he does. I am going to bring up the Corey Crawford contract. He makes almost as much per year (Rask 7, Crawford 6). One is an all-world goaltender. The other is a replacement player.

Watching Russia lose on home ice is hilarious. Now the Americans need to cruise to an easy one.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 08:51 AM)
There goes the champion in my bracket. Why the hell did I think selfish mental midgets like Ovechkin, Radulov, & Kovalchuk could handle the pressure of a home Olympics?

Finland/Sweden may not be pretty, but it should a good matchup.

You picked the Russians over either USA or, gasp, Canada?

You silly bastard.

I'd have gone with the homer pick, but if I were betting on actual chances, you can damn-well know I'd go Canada over Russia easily.

You dumb, silly, foolish bastard.

Plus, it's Ovie. He's a choker.