5/28 Games

flavum

Saladino likely not a true SS candidate anymore, but he has continued to hit the ball pretty consistently (.286/348/484). I know they are trying him out in LF, trying to give him some added versatility and value. I wonder who will be the next guy up.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 28, 2014 -> 11:36 PM)
Saladino likely not a true SS candidate anymore, but he has continued to hit the ball pretty consistently (.286/348/484). I know they are trying him out in LF, trying to give him some added versatility and value. I wonder who will be the next guy up.

Can he play SS a little though? His role seems to be a RH version of L Garcia in that he can play multiple positions. If he can play adequately at 2B, SS, 3B, LF, he will have a role for the Sox, if not he will be a AAAA player.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ May 29, 2014 -> 09:41 AM)
Can he play SS a little though? His role seems to be a RH version of L Garcia in that he can play multiple positions. If he can play adequately at 2B, SS, 3B, LF, he will have a role for the Sox, if not he will be a AAAA player.

His SS and 2B defense are reported to be decent but unspectacular. He's played 3B but I know nothing of how he did there. OF is brand new for him, his first game had a couple struggles, but that is to be expected.

He doesn't have the speed Leury does, not would be be as good defensively anywhere in the field... but his bat has a lot more pop.