We all know about Pitching, but what else

Chisoxfn

Does everyone think we need going into next year?

Imo, we need to figure out whose are 2nd baseman and whose our shortstop. Jimenez has got to fit into this role. The other one can either be Hummel, Manos or Harris with one or both of them coming off the bench. If both come off the bench, then I'd assume it would mean no more Graffy and I don't think this will happen unless Tony G has trouble coming back.

Other then that I'm pretty happy with a lineup of

Jimenez

Rowand or Manos(like Rowand cause it has Manos's left handed stick lower)

Hurt

Maggs

Konerko

Caballo

Manos

Crede

Olivo

Now if we have Harris, playing, then I'd have Harris hit in the 9 hole. Of course you can't doubt how good Manos is hitting in the 2 hole.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont see hummel in that mix.. espically when miles puts up better numbers and is way better defensively...and to tell ya the truth i feel harris has overstayed his welcome too.....which leaves using jimenez at 2... i would like to see lee gone and borchard out in cf... his arm is suited for that spot and move maggs to lf and rowand to rf....the more major pitching borchard sees i feel the better his timing and swing will get.. hes wasting away in the minors.....

I think our everyday lineup is pretty good.

We need pitching.

I think Jose V should start at ss and Jimenez at second.

Keep Harris around. If Jose V sucks early, let Harris and Jimenez be our 2b and ss respectively.

Moving Jimenez around, however, might mess

with his psyche.

If Harris had shown a little more, I'd say go with the two young guys and trade Jose V.

But Jose V probably should stay now for his

leadership and the fact he's pretty reliable.

Originally posted by greg775

I think our everyday lineup is pretty good.

We need pitching.

I think Jose V should start at ss and Jimenez at second.

Keep Harris around. If Jose V sucks early, let Harris and Jimenez be our 2b and ss respectively.

Moving Jimenez around, however, might mess

with his psyche.

If Harris had shown a little more, I'd say go with the two young guys and trade Jose V.

But Jose V probably should stay now for his

leadership and the fact he's pretty reliable.

Greg the one thing I wonder is if all this moving around will screw up Jimenez. I know it played into a large part of his struggles when he was in San Diego. He never knew when he was playing, where he was playing and where he was hitting.

At least now its not really a when and what slot, but more of just position. Still, I think its hardest for a rookie to get jumbled around, because they need all they can to feel comfortable since they have so many things to worry about.

If Jose does anything like he did for almost all of this season, then he should be simply cut.

I'm too lazy to read the entire thread so I'll just stick my two cents.

Jimenez is gonna play second next year. I don't agree with it and think he should play short (if you don't agree, watch a reply of tonights game and see Valentin's error, horrible).

but realistically he'll be at second with Harris on the bench. midway through the season, if the Sox are in it, they'll keep him there and will move him to short in 2004 when Valentin is gone after the season.

if the Sox are out of it by the deadline, deal Valentin and move Jimenez to short then. harris going to second obviously.

I think and hope Harris can grow a lot during winter ball and win the second base job, pushing Jimenez to short.

I'd loving having them two and their incredible speed at the top of the lineup or with Jimenez one, Rowand two and Harris 9 cause then after one time through the lineup then you have a Harris and Jimenez speed combination again.

Good point by Mathew, Harris hasn't dont anything yet.

And he showed lack of character in my mind by not

coming to the aid of the Royals' coach when

attacked by those two morons.

I may be out of line on that, I am not in Chicago

and haven't read Harris' explanation, but it to me

looked like he looked right at the poor coach and didn't step in and be a hero and stop those two morons from pummeling the poor 54 year old coach.

Guest hotsoxchick1

aaakkk greg.. dont even go there... first off he doesnt get paid to fight ... second of all would you want him in on that mix and risk injury or something??? and third of all.. when the play finished it happened.. everyone was still paying attention to the completed play and didnt really have enough time to react....dont blame willie for this one...and dont get on his case ....he did what most every other player would have done ... let secruity handle the situation (thats what they are there for anyhow) and pay attention to his job .......as for his performance thus far.. he came out pretty strong in the begining and he has slacked a bit.. give him a bit of time.. he will pick it up again....

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

aaakkk greg.. dont even go there... first off he doesnt get paid to fight ... second of all would you want him in on that mix and risk injury or something??? and third of all.. when the play finished it happened.. everyone was still paying attention to the completed play and didnt really have enough time to react....dont blame willie for this one...and dont get on his case ....he did what most every other player would have done ... let secruity handle the situation (thats what they are there for anyhow) and pay attention to his job .......as for his performance thus far.. he came out pretty strong in the begining and he has slacked a bit.. give him a bit of time.. he will pick it up again....

i was not going to make a post on greg on this one, but you are right. there are other players who didn't get invovle as well, like paulie. but the situation was taken care off, so why bother.

This one has really been beaten into the ground but let me grind this dead cat a little further into the cement. Watching something in slo mo on videotape is quite different than the actual experience. Everybody's brain processes information a little differently. Who the hell expects two morons to jump the first base coach?. I think that Harris and the ump had "deer in the headlights" syndrome. By the time their brains had really kicked in as to what was happening the cavalry had arrived. Paul I don't believe was in position to be aware of what was going on until much later. We don't know the ump and Harris so who is to say where and when in there individual lives they have shown either bravery or cowardice. This was a shocking event that occurred with lighting speed. People who were at the game and posted about it said just as much. You can't judge how brave or manly Harris and the ump are based on this one wild unexpected event. That is my take, and to all you cat lovers out there I like them too I was just trying to make an analogy, I'm not advocating running over Morris or any of his friends.