WTF Just Happened?????

CubKilla

I get home from work and see hundreds of posts (literally) talking about Konerko being traded to SF for a package which includes Ortiz, posts talking about who can play 1B if Konerko is dealt, posts talking about boycotting Comiskey if Konerko is dealt, posts saying Konerko won't be dealt for Ortiz but C Lee and/or minor leaguers will be, posts saying we got Ortiz but doesn't say who we traded, etc. So let me ask..... WHAT THE f*** HAPPENED? Thank you.

P.S. Trading Konerko would be one of the worst things KW could do as a GM. Not only is Konerko a possible All-Star FOR YEARS to come, but he is most definitely one of the team leaders. Somebody take KW's toy away from him f***ING QUICKLY!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, Gammons reported that the Sox were going to make a trade.

Right now ESPN is saying that it is Russ Ortiz to the Sox for a package of prospects.

Michelle heard that it was Konerko heading to San Fransisco and others have mentioned Konerko as well.

Other names being floated are the Sox picking up J.T. Snow and Kurt Ainsworth along with Ortiz.

i am hoping this is just a rumor. i hate to see Konerko go. we are still not sure how frank will perform this year and also what if he chooses to leave after this season then we dont have the offense we once have.

i still hope we can get ortiz, colon or both of them because starting pitching will bring us to the postseason.

Originally posted by doubleM23

It's pathetic that our "franchise player," is at best an a slightly above average first baseman...

That said, I really don't want to lose Konerko just for Oritz, but I think you all have to realize; he's never going to be an elite player...  He is dealable.

Who's gonna play 1B? Thomas? What will the Valentin bashers have to say about that? They better be as vehement against Frank playing 1B as they are about Jose playing SS.

Originally posted by doubleM23

It's pathetic that our "franchise player," is at best an a slightly above average first baseman...

That said, I really don't want to lose Konerko just for Oritz, but I think you all have to realize; he's never going to be an elite player...  He is dealable.

Huh? Our "franchise player" is currently one of the top players in the game and he patrols right field for the White Sox. His name is Magglio Ordonez. Maybe you've heard of him?

Originally posted by CubKilla

Who's gonna play 1B?

You didn't watch the ABC Chicago news at 10 tonight? Turns out Brian Little is coming back to the South Side...this time to PLAY 1B! :D

But seriously, we'd seen Liefer's playing time exponentially increase if this were to happen.

im siding with cubkilla on this one...konerko has become a leader on this team...and he is an all star...he is much better than just above average imo...

whatever moves we make we should keep the core of the team , buehrle, maggs , frank , and PK together....build around these guys..not through them