college football games of 9-13

cwsox

the running game as always under Holtz, is the main option. There are 4 backs that are used, 1 broke all of Hershel Walkers Ga HS records, 1 was #1 RB recruit in nation last year, 1 was #1 RB in NJ, and the other is our "fullback" who had 120+ yds yesterday. Most teams will find it VERY hard to score on the USC D. 1 TD in 2 games so far has been scored. The D is nasty. If we could ever get the WRs to put some stickum on their gloves, we'd be tough. 17 drops in the first 2 games has Lou shaking his head. UGa hasnt scored an offensive TD vs USC in 3 years, and we dont plan on breaking that streak now.

MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Kansas State quarterback Ell Roberson will be out indefinitely after injuring his non-throwing hand during a victory over McNeese State.

"How long that is going to be, I don't know," coach Bill Snyder said Sunday. "It just remains to be seen, and that kind of depends on his progress. There is no time or day of the week or date set about when we might get him back."

However, Snyder indicated Roberson might not return until Oct. 4, when 3-0 Kansas State (No. 6 ESPN/USA Today, No. 7 AP) begins Big 12 Conference play at Texas (No. 5, No. 6).

"Yes, it could be," the coach said.

Roberson hurt his left hand after an incomplete pass during Saturday night's 55-14 victory. He left in the second quarter, with the Wildcats leading 31-0, and did not return.

"He just got hit," Snyder said. "It may have been on a helmet. I don't know. That I couldn't decipher off the tape."

Roberson completed three of six passes for 63 yards and a touchdown, also rushing for 37 yards on five carries.

The Wildcats (3-0) play Division I-AA Massachusetts at home Saturday and the following week host Marshall, which lost to No. 13 Tennessee 34-24 on Saturday. They then have the next week off before traveling to Texas.

Jeff Schwinn probably will start against Massachusetts. Saturday night's game was only the fifth he's played for the Wildcats, and he was 5-for-13 for 83 yards, scoring a touchdown on a 1-yard run.

"I will be ready," said Schwinn, a senior. "I made some mistakes that I'll correct. I made some bad decisions, and I was a little jittery out there in the pocket for some reason. I just have to get better every day."

k state and their cupcake non-conference schedule will not be impacted too hard by that i think and will remain undefeated headinginto big 12 play

what, you don't think we can take them down?

kansas state, central connecticut state; same difference.

Well his team did pretty good last week. 

Illinois may have some trouble against a sleeper UCLA team, imo.

Depends on which Illinois defense shows up. The one that held Brad Smith to 164 yards running & passing or the one that allowed Mike Souza 365 passing yards.

Illinois' offense is consistently one of the best in the Big 10 and the nation.

The backfield is loaded with true freshman Halsey who has 212 rushing yards in the first two games. Junior Morris Virgil has an average of 6.1 yds. per attempt and 1 td. FB Carey Davis might be injured, I'm not sure, but backup Jason Davis is a fine option as a runner, blocker, and receiver.

QB Jon Beutjer is one of the best in the Big 10 and already becoming one of the better qbs in Illinois history. He has 47 completions in 67 attempts for a 70.1 comletion percentage. Also, he's thrown 5 tds to 1 int.

The recievers are young, but they are stepping up. Freshman Kelvin Hayden and juco transfer Lonnie Hurst are the top 2 options, other than the running backs, but Mark Kornfeld has impressed me with a couple of nice catches as well.

Illinois:34 UCLA:23

Go Illini!

Well his team did pretty good last week. 

Illinois may have some trouble against a sleeper UCLA team, imo.

Depends on which Illinois defense shows up. The one that held Brad Smith to 164 yards running & passing or the one that allowed Mike Souza 365 passing yards.

Illinois' offense is consistently one of the best in the Big 10 and the nation.

The backfield is loaded with true freshman Halsey who has 212 rushing yards in the first two games. Junior Morris Virgil has an average of 6.1 yds. per attempt and 1 td. FB Carey Davis might be injured, I'm not sure, but backup Jason Davis is a fine option as a runner, blocker, and receiver.

QB Jon Beutjer is one of the best in the Big 10 and already becoming one of the better qbs in Illinois history. He has 47 completions in 67 attempts for a 70.1 comletion percentage. Also, he's thrown 5 tds to 1 int.

The recievers are young, but they are stepping up. Freshman Kelvin Hayden and juco transfer Lonnie Hurst are the top 2 options, other than the running backs, but Mark Kornfeld has impressed me with a couple of nice catches as well.

Illinois:34 UCLA:23

Go Illini!

Carey Davis is out a few more weeks with staph infection in his knee. Jason and Haywood have done a pretty good job filling in

Illini's offense is always good now because of Turner's pro style offense and ability to groom good qbs, and now wr's as we've seen. I believe Virgil's a soph. Also last week Pierre Thomas came in, a freshman, and was impressive. We have a boatload of rb's.

BTW Hayden is the juco, Lonnie Hurst is the true freshman. I like what i've seen from Mark Kornfeld. The guy has amazing hands and has made some great catches thus far this year. Great possession, go to guy.

One huge loss is losing DE O'Brien for the year. We have a few guys trying to fill in, but he's an excellent pash rusher and an experienced guy on the d line. That's gonna really hurt. If we can't fill that void the D is gonna struggle a lot at times.

per Gene Wojciechowski of espn.com...

"If the Minnesota Twins reach the American League Championship Series, it's all but a done deal that Michigan will face the Minnesota Golden Gophers on a Friday night.

Never mind Michigan coach Lloyd Carr's insistence that he won't play on a Friday. The simple facts are these: the Big Ten isn't going to take away a home game from the Gophs just because the Twins have first dibs on the Metrodome Oct. 11. That means a Friday night game in Minneapolis.

That said, look for the Big Ten to possibly make some October scheduling adjustments in the future."