5/17 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)
Drabek is no longer on the 40 man roster, so I would kind of doubt him.

I would also doubt Drabek for the double-header but they did just clear a 40 man spot if something longer-term does open up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
I would also doubt Drabek for the double-header but they did just clear a 40 man spot if something longer-term does open up.

Supposedly the spot on the 40 man is for Javy Guerra who is on the DL again, and you can't outright someone on the DL.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
Supposedly the spot on the 40 man is for Javy Guerra who is on the DL again, and you can't outright someone on the DL.

The already put him through waivers, cleared the 40 man roster spot, and he has been reassigned to AAA.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyba...rra-to-triple-a

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

I can't find it, but I didn't make it up. We will find out soon enough.

From SSS:

*The White Sox outrighted the 40-man roster's mystery man, Raul Fernandez, to Birmingham. There's now an open spot, and it's possible that it might be needed for Javy Guerra, who went on Charlotte's DL after the White Sox outrighted him. If the injury occurred while he was on the 40-man roster, he can't be booted off it.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 18, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
I thought the same thing about Carroll before he was called up. Who knows at this point. I would guess Beck/Drabek would be the guy.

I would imagine that Noesi or Carroll would get the start, with the call up being Beck or Johnson for a stint as emergency pitcher.

QUOTE (staxx @ May 18, 2015 -> 04:11 PM)
Good.

I think Beck is gonna be a major league regular soon.

As a starter? I think he might start strong, but quickly will get shelled as a starter. Unless he's suddenly got reliable command of one of his breaking pitches. Without that he's still just sinker-change, and while both can be quite good, that won't get it done as an MLB starter.