Byrd Signs 2 Year Deal With Braves

Chisoxfn

Terms aren't disclosed, but he's now off the list. Its quickly looking like the Sox only option will be plan b or a blockbuster deal.

Also, it looks as if the Braves are going to be getting Greg Maddux back as Scott Boras is hinting they will accept arbitration, which will keep him a Brave for at least one more season.

Originally posted by rt59_bnsf

dude - this has to mean they're trading someone

Maddux, Byrd, Ortiz, Millwood, Hampton, Marquis

hit the Atlanta rumor boards - they need a 1B.

Or a 3rd baseman or outfielder. It all depends on where they decide to stick Chipper.

I think they have to trade someone to sign Maddux. I don't think they can afford all those guys plus Maddux. I look for one of them to go. But it won't be to the Sox because our GM is an idiot. Now if we had a good GM like John Schuerholz who put is putting together that staff, then maybe, but we have a dumbass named Kenny Williams who would rather get a Todd Ritchie than a Russ Ortiz.

Well, now that I think about it, wouldn't a three deam deal of made more sense?

Giants get Moss and Braves Prospect, Braves get Konerko, Sox get Ortiz and Ainsworth.

I do think KW will be talking to the Braves. ESPN says Maddux will likely get a ton of money in Arbitration and I can't doubt that.

Originally posted by Jjav829

I think they have to trade someone to sign Maddux. I don't think they can afford all those guys plus Maddux. I look for one of them to go. But it won't be to the Sox because our GM is an idiot. Now if we had a good GM like John Schuerholz who put is putting together that staff, then maybe, but we have a dumbass named Kenny Williams who would rather get a Todd Ritchie than a Russ Ortiz.

why couldnt they afford all those guys??...their owner makes million off of televising braves games off his own superstation....

the difference is ted turner is willing to spend money and jerry reinsdorf isnt...as long as atlanta's payroll doesnt hit the luxary tax level of 117 million ted turner can and will afford it...

Originally posted by Mr. Showtime
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Ted Turner no longer owns the Braves, AOL does and they have constantly said they will cut payroll.  They want it to stay around 80 million, no higher.

That's correct.

Turner was basically forced out in a power play by AOL.

really???...so what exactly is turner's role???