Sox Top 10 Prospects at Mid-Season

winninguglyin83

It's a pay article, but here is the link:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/mids...date-white-sox/

A dis for Courtney Hawkins -- and Trayce Thompson.

And here is their list:

1. Tim Anderson, SS

2. Frank Montas, RHP

3. Spencer Adams, RHP

4. Micah Johnson, 2B

5. Trey Michalczewski, 3B

6. Jacob May, OF

7. Micker Adolfo, OF

8. Chris Beck, RHP

9. Courtney Hawkins, OF

10. Tyler Danish, RHP

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 03:55 PM)

And here is their list:

1. Tim Anderson, SS

2. Frank Montas, RHP

3. Spencer Adams, RHP

4. Micah Johnson, 2B

6. Jacob May, OF

7. Micker Adolfo, OF

8. Chris Beck, RHP

9. Courtney Hawkins, OF

10. Tyler Danish, RHP

There it is. I know Montas has a fastball that hits triple digits, but everything that I have seen and read indicated it is extremely straight and flat. It would be great if he could be taught a 2 seamer or anything that could add some movement that would make it more difficult to hit since his secondary pitches are nothing to brag about.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 10:55 PM)

And here is their list:

1. Tim Anderson, SS

2. Frank Montas, RHP

3. Spencer Adams, RHP

4. Micah Johnson, 2B

6. Jacob May, OF

7. Micker Adolfo, OF

8. Chris Beck, RHP

9. Courtney Hawkins, OF

10. Tyler Danish, RHP

for me and that is why i am a fan.... MJ is 2 spots too high,

Montas should be #3 and Adams #2

May is 6 too high,

Hawkins is 2 too high.

there are some pitcher and positional players i would like to see..... maybe the piitchers i am thinking should crack the t10

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 06:04 PM)
There it is. I know Montas has a fastball that hits triple digits, but everything that I have seen and read indicated it is extremely straight and flat. It would be great if he could be taught a 2 seamer or anything that could add some movement that would make it more difficult to hit since his secondary pitches are nothing to brag about.

Well, he did just turn 22 and he's a guy who originally came from the Dominican Summer League, so international signing. He wouldn't be the first guy with a big arm who gradually learns how to take a couple mph off the fastball in exchange for some movement, and besides, there's time. It's not like they'd be crazy enough to call him up from AA.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)

And here is their list:

1. Tim Anderson, SS

2. Frank Montas, RHP

3. Spencer Adams, RHP

4. Micah Johnson, 2B

6. Jacob May, OF

7. Micker Adolfo, OF

8. Chris Beck, RHP

9. Courtney Hawkins, OF

10. Tyler Danish, RHP

Mostly makes sense to me. Beck shouldn't be in the Top 10, IMO. May at 6 is too high, though at least in his case you can make a T10 case.

How do you leave Danish out of the top 6? A 20 year old in AA that has posted a 2.83 ERA in July's 19 IP. Yes, he may just be Jon Garland, but he's going to pitch in the majors for a long time as a #3-4 starter.

I like Jacob May for instance, but I don't see how you can put him above Danish.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
How do you leave Danish out of the top 6? A 20 year old in AA that has posted a 2.83 ERA in July's 19 IP. Yes, he may just be Jon Garland, but he's going to pitch in the majors for a long time as a #3-4 starter.

I like Jacob May for instance, but I don't see how you can put him above Danish.

Totally agree with you -- was really surprised that Chris Beck, a swingman, was ahead of him. What Danish is doing at AA as a 20 year old is pretty remarkable for a HS pitcher. But we've come to realize that Danish is not your typical unrefined HS pitcher.

QUOTE (wsiskel @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
Totally agree with you -- was really surprised that Chris Beck, a swingman, was ahead of him. What Danish is doing at AA as a 20 year old is pretty remarkable for a HS pitcher. But we've come to realize that Danish is not your typical unrefined HS pitcher.

while i ponder on all ranking, and while they made be different, i have to remind myself, many will never agree and for their own reasons. i do admit it is annoying to be different without having a chance to chg their opinions.

the one player i am getting to really can't wait to see him in chi is Tim Anderson. granted his d @ ss was a work in progress, i figure last yr, with more reps, he should be passable. but i haven't heard alot of neg rpt about his D, so it must mean he is improving.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)
the one player i am getting to really can't wait to see him in chi is Tim Anderson. granted his d @ ss was a work in progress, i figure last yr, with more reps, he should be passable. but i haven't heard alot of neg rpt about his D, so it must mean he is improving.

Keith Law put Anderson at #44 on his midseason top 50

Tim Anderson is #44 on Keith Law's top 50 prospects list:

44. Tim Anderson, SS

Currently at: Double-A (Birmingham)

It's the Shawon Dunston starter kit: not quite Dunston's arm strength (which might be the best ever for a major league shortstop), but similar range, quickness, bat control, foot speed … and reluctance to take a walk. Anderson came into pro ball with less baseball experience than most players, and he's actually a little more patient already than Dunston ever was, so the comparison isn't totally fair to Anderson. But it does give you a rough idea of what kind of player Anderson can be even if he doesn't make any significant improvements.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
Keith Law put Anderson at #44 on his midseason top 50

Tim Anderson is #44 on Keith Law's top 50 prospects list:

44. Tim Anderson, SS

Currently at: Double-A (Birmingham)

It's the Shawon Dunston starter kit: not quite Dunston's arm strength (which might be the best ever for a major league shortstop), but similar range, quickness, bat control, foot speed … and reluctance to take a walk. Anderson came into pro ball with less baseball experience than most players, and he's actually a little more patient already than Dunston ever was, so the comparison isn't totally fair to Anderson. But it does give you a rough idea of what kind of player Anderson can be even if he doesn't make any significant improvements.

Oof, Shawon Dunston was not good

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)

And a 4+ ERA with a 1.63 WHIP for the whole season in AA. Strikeouts are modest as well.

Edited by GreenSox