Game Thread

aboz56

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of crapola......with one out (which did happen thanks to olivo f***ing it up AGAIN), we could have eaisly GIDP....WHICH WE HAVE DONE INFINITE TIMES THIS YEAR

With this team, getting a man in from 3rd on any play IS DO OR DIE.......it is desperate here.....one loss due to this f*** up could be the difference between a chance to go to the World Series vs sitting at home when the playoffs start

Have you even seen the Sox play this year? They have stranded runners on 3rd with one out so many times it is not even funny......this team needs to make their breaks on the road.....and against a Bo Sox team, one run lead is NEVER safe.....you just saw what happened in the last inning

Manuel is an idiot for not pinch hitting for Olivo there.....he got lucky but he is still an idiot for that move

I totally absolutelty disagree with you on this

we are ahead by 2 and need defense and so it hads all worked

ACtually CW we were only up 2-1 at the time, but i still agree with your point.

Great game for the White Sox tonight... we really needed this one... Great Pitching by Bartolo, and I have to give my props to Carlos for a 3 for 4 day and a sportscenter highlight with his jersey getting stuck on the green monster...

Keep it going Beurhle!

GO SOX + #45!

What a bunch of crapola......with one out (which did happen thanks to olivo f***ing it up AGAIN), we could have eaisly GIDP....WHICH WE HAVE DONE INFINITE TIMES THIS YEAR

With this team, getting a man in from 3rd on any play IS DO OR DIE.......it is desperate here.....one loss due to this f*** up could be the difference between a chance to go to the World Series vs sitting at home when the playoffs start

Have you even seen the Sox play this year? They have stranded runners on 3rd with one out so many times it is not even funny......this team needs to make their breaks on the road.....and against a Bo Sox team, one run lead is NEVER safe.....you just saw what happened in the last inning

Manuel is an idiot for not pinch hitting for Olivo there.....he got lucky but he is still an idiot for that move

we are ahead by 2 and need defense and so it hads all worked

Olivo was 0-4 tonight with 4 K's. We brought up Burke to play as the 3rd catcher and the brass rave about his defense. Pinch hit for Olivo and bring in Burke or Alomar to catch the final inning. Olivo is almost inept at time with a bat in his hand and that is sad. He needs more experience granted in game situations, but with a pennant at stake you try to score runs and not let Olivo learn how to use the lumber. He has on ocassion showed us he has hiting potential, but far to often he has looked absolutely terrible. However, saying that I note that Big Hurt K'd 3 times himself and that ain't good. I wish Frank could see the benefit to just getting the base hit from time to time. It's great to see those 40 homers but there have been yeasr when he hit .330 with 40 plus homers. This year it's .265 or so and he can do better.

we are ahead by 2 and need defense and so it has all worked

Olivo was 0-4 tonight with 4 K's. We brought up Burke to play as the 3rd catcher and the brass rave about his defense. Pinch hit for Olivo and bring in Burke or Alomar to catch the final inning. Olivo is almost inept at time with a bat in his hand and that is sad. He needs more experience granted in game situations, but with a pennant at stake you try to score runs and not let Olivo learn how to use the lumber. He has on ocassion showed us he has hiting potential, but far to often he has looked absolutely terrible. However, saying that I note that Big Hurt K'd 3 times himself and that ain't good. I wish Frank could see the benefit to just getting the base hit from time to time. It's great to see those 40 homers but there have been yeasr when he hit .330 with 40 plus homers. This year it's .265 or so and he can do better.

you all realize when bmr and I agree we have to be right? :lol:

if we had pinch hit and put in Burke he'd of had to bat in the 9th

put in Alomar and he het's hurt, we're screwed cuz we have to play Burke then tonight and he is still an AAA catcher and this was a big game

we won, you all know that?

baseball is not all stats and not all cut and paste which is why none of you is undefeated in your fantasy baseball leagues

baseball is a team game - we got the insurance run that inning and we had our best defensiove catcher in there in the 9th and when one player Ks another player needs to pick it up and that was what happened

I intend to enjoy the win and not fret about a decision that worked out perfectly but hardly anyone likes because the manager of a 1st place team in the division made it

I'm not taking sox-r-us' criticism of JM very seriously this is the same guy that said Kip Wells is overrated. How can Kip Wells be overrted when he has never even got a second of publicity.

Sorry but I'm obviously very sensitive about THE Kip Wells and I won't easily forget any badmouthing of him.

By the way Jerry Manuel played his cards perfectly tonight.