Voter ID and access to ID

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
1. So what of same-day registrations? And once you register, presumably at an earlier date, if you don't show any ID to prove who you are when you get there, you can say just any name that happens to be on the rolls.

2. Do you have proof that is what they do or are you just guessing? I would venture you are just guessing.

I've used same day registration. Wanna throw my vote out?

You still have to be able to show proof of residence. It's not like anyone can just walk in.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 01:16 PM)
Explain to me how these people function in today's society then. They can't work without a ss card and an ID, you need tp provide that with your job application and the I9 form. They can't get government benefits if they don't work since the government has no clue who they are. They can't cash checks without an ID, even at a currency exchange.

This has been explained multiple times in the past. Google it if you are actually interested.

I think the basic question is should the government be working toward making voting as accessible and efficient as possible for its eligible citizens.

To me that answer is yes. Mobile service sucks. You have to be available during the time it's there and cannot plan on going to a set place.

I'd like to see the response if the government was going out of its way to make paying taxes harder what the response would be here when it's affecting you.

There's been so much research on behavioral economics, and it's been pretty widely accepted how the smallest deterrant can have huge effects on participation. If you believe the government should be promoting voting, it seems crazy to add more deterrants to the process.

This is just justifying something because you don't like the people complaining about the problem.