Life as a MiLB player

southsider2k5

@NorthSideSox72 has written about this at length. It's a joke that they don't pay them minimum wage at worst. 

If they provided optional housing, meal plans, and equipment - I'd be ok with lower pay. Not only would it actually justify a lower pay, but it'd benefit the health of the players and possibly create a better product.

But then they get Congress to pass the embarrassingly named "Save America's Pastime Act" to avoid paying minimum wage.

I know that 90% of the minor leaguers dont make the major leagues,  but you would think these organizations would spend more money for the small chance it finds them help for the MLB roster. 

Like how do you expect youngsters to improve if they are sleeping 4 to a room, eating fast food every meal, wearing 10 year old sneakers? Some teams have finally realized that giving Latin players an extra mentor that speaks English has done wonders. This seems to go along the same lines, but since most of the low level guys aren't going anywhere the teams dont care.

14 hours ago, Quin said:

@NorthSideSox72 has written about this at length. It's a joke that they don't pay them minimum wage at worst. 

If they provided optional housing, meal plans, and equipment - I'd be ok with lower pay. Not only would it actually justify a lower pay, but it'd benefit the health of the players and possibly create a better product.

But then they get Congress to pass the embarrassingly named "Save America's Pastime Act" to avoid paying minimum wage.

9 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I know that 90% of the minor leaguers dont make the major leagues,  but you would think these organizations would spend more money for the small chance it finds them help for the MLB roster. 

Like how do you expect youngsters to improve if they are sleeping 4 to a room, eating fast food every meal, wearing 10 year old sneakers? Some teams have finally realized that giving Latin players an extra mentor that speaks English has done wonders. This seems to go along the same lines, but since most of the low level guys aren't going anywhere the teams dont care.

I made exactly that case in this article. Forgetting the moral or legal aspects, I tried to illustrate that it was just plain smart business to invest more in their future players.

• Like 1