4/19 White Sox @ Tigers | 6:10 PM CT | Rodon v Zimmerman

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

It somewhat difficult to tell when the Cubs and Astros truly started the rebuilds but each team lost about 90 for 5 years before they had a winning record. 

In my opinion it takes about 4 years for drafted prospects to make it through the minors. It varies but is the timeline for good ones. This FO should have gotten a good jump on the rebuild with trades. So my timeline is being competitive within 4 years, which puts it next year. I know its arbitrary but that is what I would give them.

Seems reasonable.

I measure Astros/Cubs from when Luhnow/Theo took over.  Astros had done some disbursing prior to Luhnow, though.  I think the Cubs were pretty much trying to win, but just sucking anyway.

9 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It somewhat difficult to tell when the Cubs and Astros truly started the rebuilds but each team lost about 90 for 5 years before they had a winning record. 

In my opinion it takes about 4 years for drafted prospects to make it through the minors. It varies but is the timeline for good ones. This FO should have gotten a good jump on the rebuild with trades. So my timeline is being competitive within 4 years, which puts it next year. I know its arbitrary but that is what I would give them.

True but the White Sox have lost about 85 games for 6 straight years. This year will probably be 7 but hopefully next year we get over  .500