When people say the Sox deserve no credit for trading stars....

Look at Ray Ray Run

On 10/11/2019 at 8:50 AM, daggins said:

And then they run out and get Chris Archer, trading Glasnow and Meadows. Bad times for Pirates fans.

The issue with the Sox has never been trades, its drafting and developing talent, and also FA acquisitions. They've been awful for quite a while.

This is why Tampa Bay seems to always be good despite payroll limitations. They got 2 Guys and a (pretty good 3rd piece ) who were at one time top prospects but had struggled for the  usual reasons top prospects struggle at the MLB level but were still young at 23 and 24 years old and got years of control,

This is why I am so against making trades this off season. The speculation on Joc Pederson is beyond ridiculous, You would think losing Tatis Jr would be enough to convince this board that the Sox are in no position to be trading young controllable talent especially for a rental.

Every time I see someone post about trading for a rental and then resigning him I just SMH. Who in the world is going to pass up free agency ? That's like the pinnacle that most players who are half way decent want to reach.

I always see Houston and Tampa Bay praised for their savvy  front offices here but I also see many posts that seem to be wanting the Sox to act exactly like the Pirates. No bueno.

Get young controllable talent any time you can . Treat every trade as if you are in a rebuild unless you are close to needing a final piece for a World Series run. That's what TB does. They stockpile young talent and trade the expensive or nearing expensive aging talent. The Sox aren't close to a World Series . Keep stockpiling young talent and definitely do not trade for rentals.

This just seems like common sense to me but apparently not to others who also unrealistically expect that talent to come cheap while also unrealistically thinking that rental could be swayed into resigning while on the brink of free agency. It would have to come damn cheap for 1 year of services while giving up years of service time. The Sox won't be dealing with organizations like the Pirates.

On 10/28/2019 at 1:40 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is why Tampa Bay seems to always be good despite payroll limitations. They got 2 Guys and a (pretty good 3rd piece ) who were at one time top prospects but had struggled for the  usual reasons top prospects struggle at the MLB level but were still young at 23 and 24 years old and got years of control,

This is why I am so against making trades this off season. The speculation on Joc Pederson is beyond ridiculous, You would think losing Tatis Jr would be enough to convince this board that the Sox are in no position to be trading young controllable talent especially for a rental.

Every time I see someone post about trading for a rental and then resigning him I just SMH. Who in the world is going to pass up free agency ? That's like the pinnacle that most players who are half way decent want to reach.

I always see Houston and Tampa Bay praised for their savvy  front offices here but I also see many posts that seem to be wanting the Sox to act exactly like the Pirates. No bueno.

Get young controllable talent any time you can . Treat every trade as if you are in a rebuild unless you are close to needing a final piece for a World Series run. That's what TB does. They stockpile young talent and trade the expensive or nearing expensive aging talent. The Sox aren't close to a World Series . Keep stockpiling young talent and definitely do not trade for rentals.

This just seems like common sense to me but apparently not to others who also unrealistically expect that talent to come cheap while also unrealistically thinking that rental could be swayed into resigning while on the brink of free agency. It would have to come damn cheap for 1 year of services while giving up years of service time. The Sox won't be dealing with organizations like the Pirates.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/red-sox-hire-rays-exec-chaim-bloom-to-lead-baseball-operations/1lqmqv8k6oigj1msdv9n82wl9m

Raiding the front office of a divisional rival operating more efficiently...?  Just can’t imagine the White Sox basically admitting failure and taking someone from CLE or MIN instead of promoting from within.

Some will probably claim Getz fits, but he only spent a couple of years with KC front office and is still ex-Sox.  The other example might be Hostetler’s time with the Braves.  

But as GM?  A true outsider/paradigm shift?

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/red-sox-hire-rays-exec-chaim-bloom-to-lead-baseball-operations/1lqmqv8k6oigj1msdv9n82wl9m

Raiding the front office of a divisional rival operating more efficiently...?  Just can’t imagine the White Sox basically admitting failure and taking someone from CLE or MIN instead of promoting from within.

Some will probably claim Getz fits, but he only spent a couple of years with KC front office and is still ex-Sox.  The other example might be Hostetler’s time with the Braves.  

But as GM?  A true outsider/paradigm shift?

Yep the Red Sox got him as opposed to the White Sox . More angst fuel for the fire. That news should be a bigger story for White Sox fans an precisely why many think the rebuild cannot produce sustained success.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside