The Curious Case of Micker Adolfo

On 4/4/2022 at 5:42 AM, he gone. said:

Unfortunately he's just a case of a roster crunch. That's a good thing. In 2018 he'd get his chance, but for now he'll have to do it on another team and I wish him luck. 

With all the injuries he's had he needs consistent bats and he's not getting those, nor does he deserve those on the White Sox. Not something that's realistic, but its too bad baseball doesn't have a rule like NCAA where maybe you could apply for a medical year and push back, would seem to help. but i digress.

Either way, at most he's maybe worked his way into some sort of value alongside a Sheets or Burger to grab a rotation arm. At the least he's worked his way into a waiver claim by teams like Pirates, Texas, Washington, Miami, etc. 

As someone said we're just delaying the inevitable if he's rostered in the first month. He won't get the AB's here, the month ends and you end up with the same result and realistically his best outcome is a Daniel Palka type existence which wouldn't (and shouldn't) put him above guys like Engel or even Sheets.

wish him well, hope he has a great career.

I wouldn't call his best outcome a Daniel Palka type existence because Palka was never a viable option as a fielder. Adolfo can play RF probably average or slightly above average, kind of like Pollock only with an arm to make runners think twice about heading to 3rd . There are very few guys with an arm like his. I haven't seen Cola's arm yet but Cespedes also has a cannon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I wouldn't call his best outcome a Daniel Palka type existence because Palka was never a viable option as a fielder. Adolfo can play RF probably average or slightly above average, kind of like Pollock only with an arm to make runners think twice about heading to 3rd . There are very few guys with an arm like his. I haven't seen Cola's arm yet but Cespedes also has a cannon.

I haven't had a chance to watch a ton of Cespy, but his throw from CF yesterday late in the game sure didn't resemble a canon.  Probably just a bad throw, I know the scouting reports say he has a +arm. 

18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I haven't had a chance to watch a ton of Cespy, but his throw from CF yesterday late in the game sure didn't resemble a canon.  Probably just a bad throw, I know the scouting reports say he has a +arm. 

He did throw out a couple of runners ealier in ST and the guys in the game thread and tweets were raving about it. I know the 2nd one was in the March 25th game.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1