Kordell Stewart probably released by Pittsburgh

doubleM23

Well..... it's just MHO, but since the Bears have shown an utter lack for evaluating talent when drafting ANY player on the offensive side of the ball (the biggest culprits being McNown and Salaam), the Bears should focus on trading or dealing for a QB that has shown that he can actually WIN a game in the NFL..... although Stewart wouldn't be on my list.

I'll take Stewart. Give him an incentive laden contract. The guy could turn into a probowler and at the very worse he's much better then Jim Miller and very mobile.

No way can the Steelers trade him unless they throw in their first round pick for a 7th rounder cause no one is going to pay him what he has coming.

(the biggest culprits being McNown and Salaam),

Let's not forget Anthony Thomas, Curtis Enis, and some of those s***ty tight ends we've had over the last few years.

dont forget that great OT stan thomas..1st round pick who got cut his rookie year...and trading a number one pick for rick mirer..lol..the list goes on and on and on

(the biggest culprits being McNown and Salaam),

Let's not forget Anthony Thomas, Curtis Enis, and some of those s***ty tight ends we've had over the last few years.

dont forget that great OT stan thomas..1st round pick who got cut his rookie year...and trading a number one pick for rick mirer..lol..the list goes on and on and on

Whew! You guys are depressing me. :)

I guess I am so far under everyones radar screen here, so just let me say two things about this subject. First of all I have been living in the grand metropolis of Pgh exclusively since 1985. Second you do NOT want Kordell Stewart. There should be a real good QB available in the draft this year when it's the Bears turn. Get a good young arm and develop him a la Chad Pennington. I don't know who does and doesn't read my posts here. I don't know who thinks I know a little sports or who thinks I'm an idiot, but please listen and repeat after me. Kordell Stewart - NOT!!

whats the point of picking up a half assed qb. not like he is going to help, odnt just get him because you figure we need someone.

hasnt that been the bears MO since sid luckman retired???...just get someone , anyone for QB???

Remember Baggs...Porzio actually thinks Miller is an MVP qb.

He just don't want us to get someone like Kordell that would have some real playmaking skills.

I'll take Kordell over Miller any day of the week :bringit

The Bears would be stupid not to go after Kordell Stewart. The Bears need to fill 3 qb slots. Kordell has been a winner. that's one slot filled. Then draft the rookie of your choice but no rookie is leading you to the promised land. And Kordell plays a type of game you don't see in the Bears division.

I am not so sure that Carson Palmer is anythig more than next years Cade McNown. With luck he may be a Joey Harrington. But the Bears need two more qbs. Kordell should be one of them, if available - unless anyone thinks Chandler and Burris arfe the salvation of the Bears.

And Kordell plays a type of game you don't see in the Bears division.

He's mobile, he's got a decent arm, he throws a lot of picks, he'd be a better receiver....

The NFC North would have two QBs like that....Kordell and Daunte Culpepper.

I'd say that the Bears should do it anyways....the very worst that can happen is that you get a decent receiver/quarterback in the end, regardless of whether or not he wants to be receiver.