Aubrey Huff

mmmmmbeeer

Good signing by the D-rays. Young, had a breakout year for them. He should have made the all-star team. They can build their team around him and Baldelli (who is a stud!!) Look out for that team in the next 2-3 yrs.

Still no pitching and they will NEVER be able to win more game than the Yankees or Red Sox's.

Still no pitching and they will NEVER be able to win more game than the Yankees or Red Sox's.

Theyve got some pretty decent pitching in the minors.(Brazelton (sp?) and others. Your right about the not catching up to the yank$ or bosox but they can surprise people (could make wild card.) They can always make trades as well in the future so you can't jusdge if they don't have the talent now. I guarantee though that they will be some kinda team uner sweet lou in the next couple years. :headbang

This is very good news for us. It means that the Dodgers hav one less 1B target to go afta now, I think Paulie's the best that they r gonna get now. Hopefully the Angels and Dodgers will meet KW's asking price afta all.

This is very good news for us. It means that the Dodgers hav one less 1B target to go afta now, I think Paulie's the best that they r gonna get now. Hopefully the Angels and Dodgers will meet KW's asking price afta all.

How is that one less target for the Dodgers? Huff wasn't a free agent, so he was never available, except by trade, which they could still do.

How is that one less target for the Dodgers?  Huff wasn't a free agent, so he was never available, except by trade, which they could still do.

There were rumors goin around that LA preferred Huff to Konerko (obviously) and that a trade had been discussed. But as per usual, Evans didn't want to giv up Jackson or Miller which is what Chuck LaMar demanded.

There were rumors goin around that LA preferred Huff to Konerko (obviously) and that a trade had been discussed. But as per usual, Evans didn't want to giv up Jackson or Miller which is what Chuck LaMar demanded.

True, but the Devil Rays signing him didn't change that possibility. It could still happen if the DRays and Dodgers so decided to do the deal.

Since all these firstbasemen are being plucked of the market, if we trade PK who's gonna play 1B for us? And I don't see it being Big Frank.

the way konerko played it last year...i think you or i could fill in :D

I think it would be a major mistake to just give PK away without getting some value for him. The dude had a bad year. It happens. No way is he washed up, or done.

Since all these firstbasemen are being plucked of the market, if we trade PK who's gonna play 1B for us?  And I don't see it being Big Frank.

I would of said Daubach if we didn't lose him to Boston again. Ross Gload is the only otha option unless we get a FA.

I think it would be a major mistake to just give PK away without getting some value for him.  The dude had a bad year.  It happens.  No way is he washed up, or done.

He had a bad first half-year...

...and a bad second half-year in 2002...

...so YEAH, technically he had a bad year!

:D

I think he'll be just fine this year.

Which could make him more attractive trade bait NEXT year, if they're hell-bent on moving him.