2. Brocail, Doug P HOU --- --- ---

3. Cook, Dennis P ANA --- --- ---

4. Durbin, Chad P KC --- --- ---

5. Finley, Chuck P STL --- 12/12/02 ---

6. Morgan, Mike P ARI --- --- ---

7. Nickle, Doug P SD --- --- ---

8. Person, Robert P PHI --- --- ---

9. Rogers, Kenny P TEX --- --- ---

Contrary to what most people believe, Person is healthy and ready to go. He's been training in the offseason and aparently is in the best shape he's been in for a long time. Two years ago he won fifteen games. He's a solid major league pitcher. But, to be honest, as much as I like Person, Rauch is gonna be good, and I think he should get the chance to show the world what he can do when he's healthy.

I think Robert Person is the only FA Pitcher left (other than Rogers) that is worth a look.

i read or heard somewhere where person is injured and will start the year on the DL...can anyone confirm that???..cant say for sure where i heard it

Thats right, he's likely to miss the first month of the season while he's working through the minors regaining his stuff. He's healthy right now, but I don't think if the Sox signed him they'd want him out there right away. They'd rather have him build his stamina and such back up in the minors.

2. Brocail, Doug P HOU ---MAYBE SIGN HIM TO WARM UP THE LEFT FIELDER BETWEEN INNINGS

3. Cook, Dennis P ANA --- 52 YEARS OLD

4. Durbin, Chad P KC --- KC PITCHERS

5. Finley, Chuck P STL --- BAD TASTE IN WOMEN. TAWNY KITAEN LOST IT, BIG TIME, AROUND 1998

6. Morgan, Mike P ARI --- NO, JUST....NO.

7. Nickle, Doug P SD --- WHO IS THIS GUY?

8. Person, Robert P PHI --- I'D RATHER HAVE CHUCK PERSON, HE CAN STILL HIT A '3'

9. Rogers, Kenny P TEX --- SOON TO BE THE MLB VERSION OF JON KONCAK.

I can't think of a free agent out there who can make this team better.  Maybe sigh some of these ass pirates to minor league crap heap deals and be done, but I think we signed enough of those already.

I've been thinking the same thing. When the hell was the last time that any of us could say that about a Sox team? :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah jas i have to agree .. that list is kinda dull and i dont think theres much i would be interested in left on it........i say stay with what we have and be done with it already.......none of those are outstanding enough to actually help out that much...........

The only one I'd even CONSIDER signing(aside from Kenny Rogers, that is, and that's only for $1-2 million) is Mike Morgan...and that is for the simple reason of him being on yet another different team....like 14 teams. That's incredible....though he probably wouldn't make the team much better

The only one I'd even CONSIDER signing(aside from Kenny Rogers, that is, and that's only for $1-2 million) is Mike Morgan...and that is for the simple reason of him being on yet another different team....like 14 teams.  That's incredible....though he probably wouldn't make the team much better

I mean, how many more stiffs do we need to add to the growing pile of journeymen (Loaiza and Heredia) who are going to try to overtake Rauch for the 5 spot?....I say we should give Rauch another shot....I mean, he's only going to get 2-3 starts in April anyway....let's let the kid settle in, keep his confidence strong and give him all the opportunity to succeed...if by July he is obviously still not ready for the bigs....then sign a stiff for the pennant drive...

..the only way Rauch should NOT make the rotation out of st is if he is clearly the second choice behind Heredia, Loaiza, Stewart or possibly Cooper....I think if its not clear who has performed the best, you gotta go with one of the kids....its called staff development, and all successful organizations utilize it...

Personally i have all the confidence in the world in Rauch.. in fact i'd put him ahead of Wright in the rotation.. the guy is a frickn beast...6 11, he had his wake up call last year in the majorss.... its time for him to start kickin ass.

Personally i have all the confidence in the world in Rauch.. in fact i'd put him ahead of Wright in the rotation.. the guy is a frickn beast...6 11, he had his wake up call last year in the majorss.... its time for him to start kickin ass.

No way do you put him ahead of Wright ..... Danny proved himself last year. Rauch has POTENTIAL but hasn't proved s***.... yet.

No way do you put him ahead of Wright ..... Danny proved himself last year. Rauch has POTENTIAL but hasn't proved s***.... yet.

wright won 14 games last year as a rookie...and everyone wants to move the kid out of the rotation??...ill take danny over garland myself

I'm with Baggs, of course Baggio and I are the two people that think Wright has some of the best stuff on the entire staff and I see him developing into a workhorse. This guy can flat pitch and showed many times last year how could he could be by dominating really good teams. Thats what impressed me about both Garland and Wright, they proved they could pitch great against the really good teams in the majors. That tells me if you can do that, once you get consistent, your going to be damn good. Both made tremendous improvement in that area as the season went on and they should both be better this year.

Rauch is going to be really good too. I'm very confident with this current group of young pitchers that are still developing because I don't see them faulting like some of our other major busts have.

There are three of us then who think Danny Wright may have the best stuff on the staff (from the guys last year, I wouldn't rate his stuff with Colon's yet).

Wright has got an explosive fastball and he likes to throw it up in the zone. Very few hitters can catch up to it. He's also got that knuckle-curve thing going with that nasty downward break. Once he fine tunes the change-up he's gonna be a workhorse for sure. The way I see it, the only thing he lacks is experience.

I think Garland and Wright are both gonna be horses. If it were me, I'd stack the rotation: power, ground ball pitcher, power, ground ball pitcher, 5th guy ... meaning Colon, Buerhle, Wright, Garland, and whoever takes the 5th spot.

I wonder what they're going to do with Ginter. It doesn't look like there's room for him. I never figured out why they handled him like they did ... he had a great year in AA as a starter in 2000 and all of a sudden he's a reliever. Wouldn't they have been better served to let him apprentice as a starter for 2 years in AAA?

Ginter really appears to be a forgotten man in this whole equation.

Ginter is one of those players that I mention as a bust. I don't think the guy will ever turn into a major league star. He could eventually become an adequate reliever, but I don't see much out of him.

I had the same feelings when it came towards Aaron Myette as well as Josh Fogg. We'll see if I'm right when it comes to Fogg. I think people will figure him out a bit more this year.

I mean, how many more stiffs do we need  to add to the growing pile of journeymen (Loaiza and Heredia) who are going to try to overtake Rauch for the 5 spot?....I say we should give Rauch another shot....I mean, he's only going to get 2-3 starts in April anyway....let's let the kid settle in, keep his confidence strong and give him all the opportunity to succeed...if by July he is obviously still not ready for the bigs....then sign a stiff for the pennant drive...

..the only way Rauch should NOT make the rotation out of st is if he is clearly the second choice behind Heredia, Loaiza, Stewart or possibly Cooper....I think if its not clear who has performed the best, you gotta go with one of the kids....its called staff development, and all successful organizations utilize it...

Great post. With the exception of Rogers (and I wasn't that high on the White Sox getting him), the rest of the FA's left are stiffs. It's time for Rauch to get a look. He dominated in the 2 games he started against the Twinkies in 2002.

I think Boras may have punched Kenny Rogers ticket to Japan himself. Doesn't look like the BoSox are gonna go with KR now either.

The only one I'd even CONSIDER signing(aside from Kenny Rogers, that is, and that's only for $1-2 million) is Mike Morgan...and that is for the simple reason of him being on yet another different team....like 14 teams.  That's incredible....though he probably wouldn't make the team much better

I wouldnt even consider Morgan. He was born like during the Crusades! Rogers or Person, but no one else...