DJ - I hate it when you analyze

DJ was talking about Orlando Cabrera Wednesday night, and said it wasn't unusual for him to have 47 doubles in a year (actually at first he said 47 homers, but that was a slip of the tongue). That sounded like crap to me, so I looked up Cabrera's numbers. He had 47 doubles once. His first year he had 16, then 23, then 25, 41, 43, 47, 19 and last year 19. So yeah, DJ, it was unusual for him to have 47 doubles, since he averages 29. SO, DJ, who you crappin'?

DJ once told this story about Joe Carter having so many RBI's with such a low average and threw out some strange numbers. I looked it up later that evening, and he had exagerrated by about 15%.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:03 AM)
47 homers. Yes he would have hit that in our "loaded" line-up according to some. :huh:

LOL, Anthrax would have Russ Ortiz penciled in for 250 strikeouts too.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:07 AM)
DJ once told this story about Joe Carter having so many RBI's with such a low average and threw out some strange numbers.  I looked it up later that evening, and he had exagerrated by about 15%.

I remember that. I think he said that Joe Carter batted .215, had over 30 homeruns, and drove in 120. I thought to check it myself, but then realized that it wasnt worth my time to check into everything that DJ says. That could be a full time job.