What can the Sox do ...

retro1983hat

No, this isn't another complaining about attendance thread.

I'm just wondering what the Sox can do to improve the Tues-Wed-Thu-Fri attendance.

It seems like the Monday half-price attendance will be fine and our Saturdays and Sundays the rest of the year will be a good gate.

But the weekdays need some propping up.

Actually I wonder if the half-price promotion has hurt attendance overall. It has devalued the rest of the week.

Last night was 19,000 and the Sox would be thrilled to get that many tonight. The weekday attendance is, well, weak.

keep on winnin.

There is no better way to draw fans than to put a great product on the field.

That is unless you trick everyone into believing that if you hang out and get wasted at a park 80 times a year, regardless of the product on the field, that it is a good time. :drink :drink :drink :drink

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:56 AM)
make more threads about it.

In all seriousness, just keep winning.  Attendance is already up double digit percentage points over this time last year, and it shows no signs of slowing down.  The attendence is fine.

I fully agree with you, but I do have to say I cringe when I see the empty sections in the lower level.

I have the 9 game package and I have to admit, none of those games are on Tues-Wed-Thu-Fri.

Oh well, yes, true winning is the only solution. I guess I just wish the attendance was higher so our players and coaches don't have to be asked about it when it sucks.