Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread

sox-r-us

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the Sox will request a return trip to Coors Field for next year????

WOW, this is great. Nine runs after the near beanings to Gooch and Dye. Eat snow Rocks!!!

:melt :snow :melt :snow :gosox1:

Edited by OilCan

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
REALLY?!?

LH pitcher who can thorw 96

Has 25 SO in 22 inning and a 2.42 era

Solid set-up man.

9 holds

So who takes his place, eh? Since you are so happy he's gone.

I think you should re-think you're statement about one of your players getting hurt.

please do not get me started on damaso marte. he is the a-rod of relief pitchers. has great numbers every year, but he is complete crap when a game is on the line more often than not. i can give a crap when he fans the side against the royals in mid-july. i don't care how hard he throws. holds might be one of the most meaningless stats going. find his stats in one-run games and tied games and find his stats for when it comes to inherited runners scored. i bet you'll change your mind.

and who takes his place? i'd take cotts over marte any day of the week. dl marte, call up mccarthy, and let him be the long man, just like buehrle was when he broke in.

great, you got me started lol

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)
please do not get me started on damaso marte. he is the a-rod of relief pitchers. has great numbers every year, but he is complete crap when a game is on the line more often than not. i can give a crap when he fans the side against the royals in mid-july. i don't care how hard he throws. holds might be one of the most meaningless stats going. find his stats in one-run games and tied games and find his stats for when it comes to inherited runners scored. i bet you'll change your mind.

and who takes his place? i'd take cotts over marte any day of the week. dl marte, call up mccarthy, and let him be the long man, just like buehrle was when he broke in.

great, you got me started lol

Didn't see B-Mac's performance in Charlotte tonight did you.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
I believe it was sarcasm.

I dont think he was being sarcastic, but I wish he was, I am 13 and i know that.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Thanks, dick.  I really don't know how the decisions go with regards to IP and ER.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
I believe it was sarcasm.

No, it's not unfortunately. Like I said, I am bad with who gets decisions. I should probably know that stuff since I've been watching for years, but I never pay attention until I see who actually gets the win.