Bad News: Son little league team is the cubs

KeithFranklin

QUOTE(orangekrush88 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
My years in Little League consisted of the Charleston Alley Cats, Cape Fear Crocs, Reds and the Angels.

With the Crocs we went the whole season one loss and won the championship, with the Reds I actually pitched a perfect game vs the Pirates.

No errors in a little league game? Wow I've seen my share of no hitters but perfect games in little league are rare.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
No errors in a little league game? Wow I've seen my share of no hitters but perfect games in little league are rare.

Nope, it was in my second year(You would play two years) in the "Majors", so like 11/12 year old groups.

Actually my center fielder made a diving/sliding catch to keep the no hitter in tact in the 4th inning.

I actually won a championship while on the Cubs in little league (a span in which I won 3 straight years in a 25 team league).

I still burned the hat and jersey in bonfire immediatly after the season. A friend and I held a whole ceremony while doing so.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

If I remember correctly I was a Angel, Mariner, and Rocky......The year of the Mariners we beat the cubs in the championship, on the other hand though the year of the Rockies we beat the White Sox in the championship......

Warrenville didn't move up to team names til the few years before traveling squad....bet you guys cant beat "Portable Tool, or Herbo Tree Service"

Edited by DABearSoX

Rockies, Royals, Brewers, Dodgers, Phillies(x2), Mariners, Pirates

Rockies was awesome cuz I was in first grade at the time, the coaches still pitched, the baseballs we used were still soft, and according to any player in the league, their team was undefeated. That was awesome.

Royals sucked - I hit the ball twice all year, and only 1 was a hit.

Brewers was better, as I hit the ball a little more, but not much more than that.

Dodgers was awesome - we were like the worst team ever, but I didn't care. I hit a homer against the Blue Jays, and when I got to the dugout, I yelled "Eat that Blue Jays," which coming from a 4th grader is pretty much like yelling f*** you to the other team. My dad asked me about it later that night, and I got all sad - looking back, it was kind of funny.

My first year with the Phillies we were awful, won 2 games all season, but then won our first game of the tournament - like friggin 10-runned em - and then got pwned in the next two games.

The second year was better, as we won like 6 games. I also stole home - I got my 8 foot lead after the ball crossed the plate, the catcher threw the ball back to the pitcher, and the second I saw him turn his back to me I was home. There was no play whatsoever.

Mariners was fun, as I went from like the 9 hitter in the lineup early in the season and being a hole in the lineup to batting 2nd by the end of the year and constantly being on base. Stealing bases left and right, just awesome. We got destroyed in the tournament, but whatever.

Pirates was the best. Lost the first game in the tournament, and our coach basically said he was lost and didn't know what to tell us. We then went and had a little home run derby afterwards, did the same thing the next day, and we won every game after that.