Elimination Date

Texsox

Guest hotsoxchick1

ill go the week before you with the boston series.... sept 12-14... somewhere in there........... :headbang ....with the way we have been playin, it will probably be around august though lol lol lol :D

• 2 months later...
I'm sending a Texas gift pack to whomever is closest.

Picks must be in by June 15.

I'm picking September 18 against the Twins.

what is an elimination date?

I know what a clinch date is but I am unfamiliar with this phrase.

Since the picks must be in by June 15th, hardly matters anymore, I am just curious! :lol:

Nice to see BrandoFan posting again!

I'm sending a Texas gift pack to whomever is closest.

Picks must be in by June 15.

I'm picking September 18 against the Twins.

what is an elimination date?

I know what a clinch date is but I am unfamiliar with this phrase.

Since the picks must be in by June 15th, hardly matters anymore, I am just curious! :lol:

Nice to see BrandoFan posting again!

Misty water colored memories of June. We were something like 7 or 8 back and playing like s***. Amazing what a few new faces, some timely slugging, etc. will do for our outlook. I wouldn't want to start a clinch date thread, that would jinx it for certain.

Ahh yes another one of the classic jump off of the Hancock threads.  My personal favorites were the people who expected us to be 15 or 20 games out in order to get eliminated the 2nd week of September :o

In June, with the way they were playing, did that seem to be an unrealistic outlook?

With as much talent as we had/have and with 100 games left to play, yes it was unreasonable to expect to be 20 games out of first place in this piece of s*** division, IMO.

Let's see ... we were what, 8 games under .500 at one point this year? Let's say we picked up our pace to where we only fell 2 more under by the end of the year, that would leave us with a record of 76-86. Back in June, it would also be conceiveable to see the Twins at 86-76. So that's 10 games out... but, I predicted Sept 20 as E-day, so the would be just about right under those circumstances. I never said anything about being 20 out. Not an unreasonable guess at all. Fortunately, it hasn't played out that way.