NIU Football

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
That HAS to be the first time anyone has ever uttered that phrase! :P

Is Scamnesia still there?

A lot of people call Dekalb boring. I say they're just not hanging out with the right crowd.

And I couldn't tell ya. To be honest I have no idea what you're talking about.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
That HAS to be the first time anyone has ever uttered that phrase! :P

Helllllooooooo, they have Corn Fest, I would think that you, of all people, would appreciate CORN FEST!

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Helllllooooooo, they have Corn Fest, I would think that you, of all people, would appreciate CORN FEST!

lol I went once my freshman year. It was alright. Not my crowd...if you catch my drift. There isn't enough "party" on the back of my head, mostly business. And I don't drive a rusty pickup truck. But I had fun.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)

Only when it's canned!

There used to be a bar called Amnesia, don't ask me where it is, but I remember they had reverse cover nights, I think on Wednesday's, where they gave you a dollar to come in and then they had dollar beers. And, it was a place to "scam" the chicks, ergo Scamnesia.

I'm a little sad I won't be able to go to any games this year, but I'll be down in Tallahassee cheering on my school. I can't wait to see Wolfe against OSU in the first game. If he wants any shot at the Heisman, he has to have a huge game there.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Nicholson play in the future. I'm sure Horvath will start the whole season (barring injury), but Danny has an amazing arm and a bright future.

Edited by chimpy2121

I am actually a fairly decent fan of NIU, considering I was born in DeKalb. Me and a couple of friends are looking to go out to a bar in Dekalb close to Northern or atleast where college chicks hang out. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

NIU should not be overlooked in the OSU game, they did put up a fight last year in the big house. That said, GO BUCKS!

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
I am actually a fairly decent fan of NIU, considering I was born in DeKalb. Me and a couple of friends are looking to go out to a bar in Dekalb close to Northern or atleast where college chicks hang out. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

NIU should not be overlooked in the OSU game, they did put up a fight last year in the big house. That said, GO BUCKS!

NIU beat themselves in Michigan. They could of won that game. I'm not a big Horvath fan to be honest. I miss Haldi already. They got Britt Davis who ran the 5-wide offense at R-B, but they moved him to receiver. And they need him there because I believe Shatone Powers and...I can't remember the other guy's name at the moment...but they both graduated. If they keep playing these big name schools, hopefully they can get some better recruits in the next few years. It's easy to get lineman and linebackers in the midwest, we need some skill players though.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
A lot of people call Dekalb boring. I say they're just not hanging out with the right crowd.

And I couldn't tell ya. To be honest I have no idea what you're talking about.

wow. dekalb can be a BLAST. I have my season tickets for this year, and its going to be a great time.

the key is to rent a hotel room for everynight of a game, so you can party like ya did in college (for myself, i just graduated in december so i still have a good time.)

Britt Davis, b****es!

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 08:52 AM)
NIU beat themselves in Michigan. They could of won that game. I'm not a big Horvath fan to be honest. I miss Haldi already. They got Britt Davis who ran the 5-wide offense at R-B, but they moved him to receiver. And they need him there because I believe Shatone Powers and...I can't remember the other guy's name at the moment...but they both graduated. If they keep playing these big name schools, hopefully they can get some better recruits in the next few years. It's easy to get lineman and linebackers in the midwest, we need some skill players though.

NIU beat themselves in Michigan, Northwestern, and in the MAC Championship... but this was all with the awful Phil Horvath.

This is great NCAA football in DeKalb, you can't argue with that.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 08:52 AM)
NIU beat themselves in Michigan. They could of won that game. I'm not a big Horvath fan to be honest. I miss Haldi already. They got Britt Davis who ran the 5-wide offense at R-B, but they moved him to receiver. And they need him there because I believe Shatone Powers and Sam Hurd both graduated. If they keep playing these big name schools, hopefully they can get some better recruits in the next few years. It's easy to get lineman and linebackers in the midwest, we need some skill players though.

They need another RB to step up when Wolfe is sitting in the Indiana State and other blowouts (like AJ did in Turner's final year). I'm a little worried about the other WR positions outside of Davis like you said; I wish Sheldon still played. :angry:

Dekalb IS a blast. I still go there, so I don't need a hotel. I stumble my way back to my apartment! It's about a 10 minute walk.

I agree with needing another running back. AJ backed up Wolfe last year, but now that AJ is gone I don't know who is going to step up.

I'm not a big Sheldon fan after I saw him in the stands of a game last year. I didn't know it was him, my friends had to point him out. But he's standing up, drunk, without a shirt walking to a group of girls. I just thought, "how pathetic". It's like the 20 year old college kid walking through the halls of his old high school DURING school. And yes, I have friends who do that.

edit, Sam Hurd. Thank you.

Edited by SoxFan76

One of my best friends' little brother is going to be a preferred walk-on Freshman for Northern Illinois this year. He was a first team all-state quarterback last year, but he'll be playing strong safety at Northern. I'll be going to some Northern games and rooting for the Huskies if he finds his way on to the field in the next 5 years.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 02:10 AM)
the fans at NIU pay more attention then the fans at Mizzou was my experience...mizzou's football was pathetic.

Dekalb has a few good bars, if you want to watch the game and enjoy some good wings check out fatties, or mollys, if you want to go somewhere after the game check out starbusters :cheers or the barn

Busters is more of a club scene, Molly's and Bar One are on Lincoln Highway, Lord Stanley's is downtown, the Barn has a lot of underage kids. That's about as much as I can tell you because I've never been to any of the bars. 6 more months, 6 more months, 6 more months. :D

QUOTE(bmags @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
the fans at NIU pay more attention then the fans at Mizzou was my experience...mizzou's football was pathetic.

I'll be the first to admit, that's not the case for the people I hang out with at games. We tailgate for about 2 hours before the game, only stay for the first half, and then continue tailgating until 6 or whenever they kick us out.

Then again I'll never say I'm a hardcore NIU football fan. If I was I'd stay for the whole game. Football is just boring to watch for me.